Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2003 5:59:59 PM EDT
Guys,
Thanks for all the info, not just to my one or two posts, but everything on this board.  I've decided I will put my first AR together instead of buying one.  

Below is what I'm planning on doing.  If anything sounds funny, or like it might be a bad idea, please let me know.  Keep in mind, I want a short rifle to be used for home defense and plinking.

The lower will be a forge Eagle Arms, if I can still get one for around $100 this week.  Everything else will come from J&T Distributing.  I'm going with the CAR kit, short A2 tactical stock, and flattop with removable carry handle.  I haven't decided on the tactical break yet.  Probably going to skip that and save the $50 for something more useful.  

I'm really looking forward to getting started on this.  It might be awhile before I get it done, gotta find some funding first, but I'm really excited about this.

Again, if something doesn't sound right please let me know.  This is going to be my first AR, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I spend any money.

Thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would pass on the "tactical break"

I would not want anything broken on my rifle... especially a new one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want the tac-brake send it down to Bushnell FL to Kurt/KKF you won't regret it. Top-notch A-1 service and it won't FAIL.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't regret it.  Good choice of components especially the J&T.  Not a big tac stock fan but it sounds like you really don't want to reach out there anyway.  Have fun but be safe.  By the way, these guys are right, you can't have just one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
By the way, these guys are right, you can't have just one.
View Quote

Your 100% correct. I have 15 and still it isn't enough.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top