Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2002 8:03:36 AM EDT
I've been following the links on this site in search of the lower i will need.  

In order for the AR to be compatible with other AR accessories, what type lower do I need?

It seems as thought there are several different types with different specs?

Do i want:

milspec?
forged?
etc.

In other words, which lower do i want in order to have a rifle that is compatible with any accessories i choose to put on it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought an Olympic lower from Mark at Triple Break Products, and I am very happy with it. Its Forged, milspec, standard size (not Colt) pins.
from his web sight:The foundation for every standard rifle Olympic makes - a forged 7075 T6 lower receiver, cut on CNC machines to mil-spec tolerances. All standard mil-spec (meaning non-Colt's) AR parts will fit in these receivers, including standard hammer and trigger pins and front pivot pins.
View Quote

His web sight is, www.triplebreakproducts.com

Olympic's web sight is www.olyarms.com

Tell him Rancid sent'cha[:D]

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Would and Oly (i owned a CAR back in about 1992 and wish i'd kept it) only take oly parts?

Or does it mean that i can pretty much buy any parts that aren't colt?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Or does it mean that i can pretty much buy any parts that aren't colt?
View Quote

yes [:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto Notack!

Would add for a kit forged lower would be my choice. It holds up better to driving those pins and wouldn't want to crack a lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top