Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2002 8:27:28 AM EDT
Second time I've tried this topic but I'm building "Another one" and I want the M-4 config. The shorty stocks I've seen on various sites look plastic and cheap, or maybe just bad pic's.(Tactical Entry stocks) Do you have one? Where did you get it? What kind of quality are we talking about? The next question I have is on the M-4 vs heavy BBl. I would think the heavy would take alot more punishment? So I'm torn between the M-4 and 16' heavy. Either way I go I'm sending it down to KKF to have it shortened and the A-3 brake put on to get to the magic 16". Last question would you go with the A-3 brake or does he have another one avail I'm not seeing that would fit the bill?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The tactical entry stock that RRA sells is made of the same material as the A1 and A2 stocks, uses a CAR buffer and spring (which come with it, along with the short buffer tube), and has a non-trapdoor buttplate (easily replacable with A1 or A2 or other aftermarket if desired).
It's pretty sturdy, but also pretty short.  It's 3 1/4 inches shorter than an A2 stock (the same length as a collapsed CAR stock)...which is fine for those with smaller statures, wearing body armor with shoulder pads, or firing from the SMG/chest firing position, but if you just want to shoulder it, it can be a little awkward for many of us.
I'm sticking with at least A1 length, but that's just a personal preference.  YMMV.
Happy New Year to all, as well.
Sluggo

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top