Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2002 7:48:34 PM EDT
I am going to purchase one tommorw and was looking for opinions on them ..

Thanks, John
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
John:
 I have a J&T 20" Expedition kit, the quality  fit and finish are as good as the best out there. Just one thing you might want to think about the muzzle brake is machined into the barrel. In my opinion J&T makes a great product. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Fought the same decision yesterday myself.  I ended up with the J&T 20" STD A2.  Cost was not the real decision. I have a 24" light barrel with muzzle break already.  This is my second J&T purchase and can't speak more highly of them as people, a company, and quality of products.

By the way, the light barrel gets more stares and comments at the range, more military looking and less exceptable by traditional deerslayers, I guess.  AR guys comment as well.  Other than that, I don't fire enought rounds fast enough for the heat dissapation to be a real factor.  Looks cool as hell though. LOL

Let us know which way you went.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Tom,
What ranges do you shoot at ?
Do you have any problems with the deer slayers ?
I ask because I had a problem last Saturday.
Scott
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot at John Sevier. It's TWA run so pretty good element.  Lot's of AR and Military firearms during the summer so lot's of fun.

Just about deer season though you get the I shoot my box of shells once a year to make sure my gun shoots deer hunters. I call them deerslayers.  When you pull your black beast out they look at you like you're a terrorist and won't take spots anywhere around you.  This bothers me alot since I feel I'm as patriotic as the next guy.  Last trip out I wore my field jacket with all my Army patches in hopes it would lessen the impact.  Result was alot better but it helped a few ARs, AKs, and SKSs were at the range.  

One deerslayer impressed the daylights out of me. He was an old guy with a custom scope mounted single shot rifle caliber pistol.  He would lay on his back on the bench, rest the pistol on his boot, and shoot tight groups at 100 yards.  Impressive shooting!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top