Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 11:23:21 AM EDT
Well it looks like things are moving for BRAVO team to build a few 80% lowers.  I have tried to send an E-mail to everybody that is on the team! If you didn't get an E-mail from me with access to our team webpage, you are not listed on the team!!!

If you feel this is a mistake, please E-mail me ASAP at: [email protected]

Our team looks to have 12-members at this time and are from the following locations:

3 from Eastern PA
1 from NJ
1 from MD
1 from NY
1 from MA
1 From Northern VA
1 from AL
1 from CA
two members locations to be determined!

I will be in touch with William to see where we go from here!

Thanks,
Quarterbore

Many thanks to dropdbombnow for making us this graphic!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
QB...Well Done buddy...L@@KING GOOD! You and your men will set the standard :o)  Bud
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Me too. I emailed Tannery Shop today. I plan to order two lowers and I hope neither ends up as a paperwweight.

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
ME TOO. I'll shoot ya an e-mail later.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quaterbore's got my info. This'll be cool!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
quarterbore, check your email
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
BRAVO Company...Congratulations to all of you & to the TanneryShop as well! I understand that William & wife have produced yet another Snelling!!! The "stealth" angle with a few of the men strikes me as odd but what the hay, eh...as long as they're good for the squad. What's your final count on roster? Ten, eleven, twelve men? Possible that a Charlie Company is brewing? Do please keep us all up-to-speed on the progress y'all make and thank you so much for allowing us all to see your squad start up...it'll inspire more men/women to do the same...Bud
###############################################
dropdbombnow...Yoo betchya we get da soopah doopah price ;o) right up until tomorrow EVERYONE gets the price break but...only the newly formed squads get the Jig deal. All anyone has to do is call Snelling & leave a message...or, go to his Payapl & plug in da dough. Given the circumstances with he & his wife's expected delivery I am certain that a phone message stating name, contact, type/number of castings will lock you into the price.

...and hey Doug, isn't it just way too kool to watch/read as a new Builders Squad forms...whatta gass & HuWah-23-SkiDooski...that Squad Patch is BOSS! These men are going to have one hellofa good time...Bud
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Bud . . . . Can the original "Alpha Squad" members get this same price break? . . . . Just in case some of us might want to do drill a few more lowers on the "second pass" of the first jig unit?

My hats off to you for getting this group started, and for getting another batch of "builders" off on the right track from a good starting point.

Maybe this will help inspire them a bit further.

[img]http://quartz2.cyberstation.net/~dwpaul/pix_files/bs-logo-bc.gif[/img]

Any of you guys with "Bravo Company" that might have any questions, just feel free to ask. Anytime.

All good . . . . Doug . . . . . [beer]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
...Me, too!!!...

I'm interested! I'm trying to get ahold of anyone at Tannery to order two lowers.

Email of particulars on the way!

Thankyouverymuch...  [:)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't help but chime in with high praise for the education that I've gotten as I've been checking out the "conversations" taking place on this site.  I also must especially compliment dropbombnow for his EXCELLENT builder's site documenting the previous group's build with it's ups and downs.  I am anxiously awaiting for the project to start.  From what I've gathered we will have the benefit of much improved fixturing provided by William Snelling, with hardened inserts in the jig to combat the drilling problems associated with the OSI jig.  Thanks all, and I must say that I'm proud to be a registered member here @ ar15.com.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Say Hey Men of BRAVO...Do you all get first shot on Jig use...or is there a waiting list? Thx...Bud
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Is Bravo Company full?

If not, how do I join?  I realize you might not be familiar with me as I rarely hang here at ar15.com (more commonly found at glocktalk.com - same username) but I have three 80% castings in my hot little hands now and would like to get started on them in the coming year.

If so, sounding off for Charlie Company!

kestrou
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm back in town and looking forward to someone getting this squad organized.

Who is leading this effort?

--LS
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was Quarterbore.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got back in town and I will work on sending everybody an E-mail tonight confirming that everybody is still a go!  I am also curious if we want to consider shuffling the deck so our groups (Bravo, Charlie, Delta) are determined by location.  This way, groups of people can work together if they wanted?

It's up to the groups as I think I have two guys that are relatively close to me so we will be doing these together but it's up to everybody else how we want to handle things?

If anybody else is interested in Bravo company that didn't send me an E-mail, please send me one and I will work to compile a list.  From there, I will work to send some E-mails to the team asking how we want to handle things!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#15]
ne'er mind, just got it-to everyone in Bravo, let's make it as easy as possible for quarterbore, I see he has a lot on his plate!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
See Top Post!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#17]
What's the deal with the guy from California?

I thought its a no-no to build in that communist country.

Someone want to clarify?

--LS
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#18]
That is a good question...?  This individual is in the Military and is stationed in CA at this time.  I beleave he lives in Florida....

If anybody can post about the legalities of building one of these in CA I am all ears!  I am sure it should be possible to build one of these without the mag wells done.  This MIGHT prevent some of the CA issues?  Also, aren't the pump action AR-15s legal in CA?  If so, this guy could build it up as a bolt gun, right?  Then when he get back to Florida he just replaces the upper?

Just armchair Quarterboring here but I am curious what the CA laws say about this and if there are any ways to beat them?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top