Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 11:41:47 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can purchase a pump pistol upper from? I'm not looking for a complete pistol, JUST THE PUMP UPPER. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dreamland?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
LoL, do they have a website!? Someone was selling a pump upper on ebay a few months back, but i didnt have the money at the time :o(
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS sells a pump rifle, that likely could be made into a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone posted a "How to" on making a pump pistol a while back.  Don't recall who and how long ago though.

[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=5304&CATID=493[/url]  Link to DPMS pump rifle.

Edit-
[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=5305&CATID=493[/url]
[img]http://www.shooterstore.com/dpmsinc/images/RFA2-PUMP-P.jpg[/img] 1595.00  Ouch... maybe they'll sell you just the upper...
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1595.00  Ouch... maybe they'll sell you just the upper...
View Quote

I have a feeling the upper would sell for around $1300 or possibly less.  I could always contact them and see what teh deal is, if you want to know.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
1595.00  Ouch... maybe they'll sell you just the upper...
View Quote

I have a feeling the upper would sell for around $1300 or possibly less.  I could always contact them and see what teh deal is, if you want to know.
View Quote

Well budam, I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to ask them if the upper is available seperately.  That way, people will know the info....

Thanks for the offer.... I suppose there are others that are wondering.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well budam, I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to ask them if the upper is available seperately.  That way, people will know the info....

Thanks for the offer.... I suppose there are others that are wondering.
View Quote

They do not sell the upper only.  I made the suggestion that they should investigate it as they would sell a lot more of them in that case...
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:19:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I also contacted DPMS inc. via e-mail and they said the same thing about their panther pump pistol. Is there any other way to go about making a LEGAL ar15 pistol? Thanks to the 50oz. limit, it's just impossible!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Remove and plug the gas system and basically you have a bolt action pistol operated by the charging handle. Same thing with the side cocking upper available.

Install and make permanant a Norinco 120rnd drum magazine so it does not detatchable, without a detatchable magazine it can not become an assault weapon no matter how many evil features it has. Then open the door and load as drop in, and shoot for a while then reload.

Register the lower as an Any Other Weapon under the NFA. You will need the CLEO certification, fingerprints, FBI background check and 3 month wait if your state allows it. Will cost you $200 to register this or $5 to transfer from a NFA manufacturer but can retain all evil features since it is no longer a handgun.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Register the lower as an Any Other Weapon under the NFA. You will need the CLEO certification, fingerprints, FBI background check and 3 month wait if your state allows it. Will cost you $200 to register this or $5 to transfer from a NFA manufacturer but can retain all evil features since it is no longer a handgun.
View Quote

We are in teh final stages of producing an AR15 PREBAN style AOW.  Should be available easly in January.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there any other way to go about making a LEGAL ar15 pistol?
View Quote

There is if you settle for one in 22LR.  Then, you don't need the gas system or the buffer tube.  That saves some weight.  The 22LR bolts are also lighter, so you save even more.z
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top