Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2002 8:58:35 AM EDT
I am building a postban Colt AR-15A1 clone (No shell deflector) and I am a left hand shooter.  Is it possible to adjust the ejection pattern of this upper to allow me to shoot it without eating brass?  I remember reading somewhere about how to adjust the pattern on an AR-10.  It seems like takeing a coil off of the ejector spring did the trick.  Will this work with the AR-15?

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe this will not be necessary as I shoot lefty and have shot a couple old SP1s w/ no problem, but the answer to your question is [b]YES[/b]. You can snip 1 or 2 rounds off the ejector spring, (my suggestion is buy a "field repair parts" kits and modify the the e-spring outta the kit saving the original just incase ya clip too much, and just snip one round at a time).

Mike
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick reply.  I will give it a try if my brass tastes bad.

Jason
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooting an M16A1 lefty for twelve years only left me eating brass once.  I got a piece caught between my right cheek (my face [:)]) and the chin strap on my helmet during a competition at Perry.  Other than that single incident, I had no problems.  I found the old plastic brass deflectors deflected brass back into the action more often than not.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top