Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2002 12:05:26 PM EDT
Ok, I've had my rra lower completed for about a month and finaly saved up the money to finish her up. I have a complete rra arms forged lower with a2 stock. I was planing on building a standard a2 rifle with muzzle break. The I started looking at Jtdistributing.com and Saw all the diff kits I could get... I'm thinking about getting the Mock m4, the standard a2, or the expedition a2. Is the expedition a2 the same as the stard except for the barrel
"looks diff in the picture, the hand gaurds look out of wack, are they standars a2 handgaurds?" I have an AK which is 16"
and was looking to get the 20" but that m4 looks soooo nice. So I'm looking for some input, which kit is the sweetest.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Err. "Sweetest" and "nice" are rather relative terms. Could you be a little more specific in what you're asking us?
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
sweetest to me means, accuracy, the abilty to easily handle the rife, balance, and looks of course.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I would do the M4gery route.  Stick with the A2 Stock though.  I had the fake collapsible stock but it felt cheezy.  That way you have a handy carbine and if you choose to put a 20" upper on it will be good to go.

Since you do have the AK shorty, then maybe you should go with a govt profile 20" barrel.  In the Marine Corps we qual up to the 500 yd line with a 1/7 barrel.  The HBAR is not bad either but I prefer the govt profile barrel.

Max
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought a new Bushnaster M-4'gery a couple of months ago and love it! The barrell is 14.5" (16" with the mini Y comp on the end). It feels pretty sturdy to me..even the locked open M-4 stock. Have had no probs. with this configuration except that it seems SUPER loud compared to the other AR's I've owned. A word of advice...if you decide to go with the mini Y comp brake (which works great) DON'T stand beside the muzzle when someone is firing it with some hot ammo (like military grade). I can guarantee your bell will be rung! :)  You"ll like it for plinking and home protection and it's pretty accurate to a point(300m or so)...serious firepower in a "small" package. If you want to really reach out and touch something...stick with the 20".
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]

I have a 16" J&T HBAR CAR built on a Numrich/CMT forged lower. Its a lot of fun to shoot and easily fits in a small tote bag when the upper and lower receivers are separated. I have the fixed M4 stock on mine and like the way it feels and looks. My next build will be a 20 incher with an A2 stock. If I had to choose between one or the other, I would go with the 16" rifle.

Panzer out

Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the input guys, after doing some surfing, i might actually put a 50 cal upper on my lower... talk about going a totaly new direction huh? well if I decide to go with the 223, i'll go with the 20"a2, anyone have some input on the 50cal BMG uppers?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top