Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2002 3:55:00 AM EDT
I just purchased a pre-ban Colt SP1.  I would like to take a spare 16" flattop upper and convert it to pre-ban to use on this gun.  Really, the only thing I want to do to this upper is add a 3 prong flash hidder.

The barrel diameter on the crown end is approximatly 11/16" which runs 3/4" toward the receiver and then the barrel becomes about 2/16" larger.  Can you get a flash suppressor that will fit on this barrel without having to have the barrel milled clear down to 1/2?  What is the normal procedure for doing this, eg adding a flash hider on this size of barrel?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Either buy a threaded barrel, or have yours threaded.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It is not milled.  It is turned down in a lathe.  Only the end tip is turned down and threaded.  All M16 flash hiders have the same 28-1/2" threading.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top