Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2002 6:46:26 PM EDT
I was putting together a DPMS rear sight assembly today when I ran into a problem. I can not get the rear sight aperture to threat onto the windage screw. It was not cross threaded and I could not get it to thread without putting allot of force on the screw. Any ideas?????
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
For starters, the leaf spring will push the aperture up, so you need to press down on it while you start turning the windage screw. also, remember to hold the aperture down until the screw has passed threw the other side.

Or,

If all else fails, pull the two and try them out of the housing.  The threads may have a bur, or you have something on the threads that is causing the binding.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried to put the sight onto the screw with out the housing with no luck. I guess I will give a new screw and aperture a try.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike...Aim your mailing address at me and I'll send you a new set...also, send me the bunk parts & I'll swap them at DPMS this weekend. Itza quick 37cent fix, eh...Bud
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top