Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2002 7:19:54 PM EDT
I have a Post ban Colt Match Hbar with reinforced lower and the same size take down pins. I want the front to be a push pin. Can I drill for it and install? If so, how do I go about doing it? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
JT

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you need to drill any holes.  all I did on mine was remove the one sided screw and place in the spring and pluger peace and then put in the push pin.  I think all you need is the parts.
Gl
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont they have a hole where the detent and the spring go? Mine is solid, if that is possible please send a link to somewhere I can buy one.
Thanks
JT
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the part.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/oak-01.asp
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is solid and there is no hole, you will have to drill one.  You can get the push pin, detent and spring from Tommy at Georgia Precision for a reasonable price and shipping.  I only did this once so I do not remember what size drill bit I used.  The only advice I can give you if you are going to do this yourself is to use a variable speed drill, use a slow speed, take your time, and do it very slowly.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the help. I am going to give it a go and I will post my experience with it. If anyone knows what drill bit I should use, please let me know.

Thanks again
JT
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The print I have shows the hole as .097 dia. +/-.004 and 1.125 +/-.010 deep. The vent hole is perpendicular at .078 dia. +/-.004 and back 1.055 +/-.010 from the forward edge of the reinforcing rib.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top