Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2002 4:42:02 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with these?  I always worry about the trigger and hammer pins wearing on my prebans.  I usually put some green loctite on the pin ends after assembly to prevent rotation.  Opinions?

From Brownells site:

Non-Rotating, Eliminates Receiver Wear
Hammer and trigger pins lock to the receiver, they cannot rotate and wear receiver holes. Especially important for increasingly-valuable M-16 and pre-ban receivers. CNC machined from stainless steel, heat treated and centerless ground for uniformity. Threaded on each end for locking screws, and include a lube port to ensure adequate lubrication reaches the hammer and trigger. Anti-spin, anti-creep retainers fit outside receiver to prevent all movement. Drop-in installation requires no modification to receiver.

SPECS:416 Stainless steel pins. .900" (22.8mm) long, .154" (3.9mm) or .170" (4.3mm) diameter. Anti-spin retainers and retaining screws, steel, black oxide finish. Includes (2) pins, (4) screws, (2) anti-spin retainers, hex wrenches and installation tool.

Link Posted: 9/6/2002 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The spring legs of the hammer hold the trigger pin in place and the J-pin inside the hammer holds the hammer pin in place. Cycle your
action a few times and see if your pins rotate,
bet they don't.Even if they do,simply deepen
the pin groove a bit and movement will stop.
These really fall in the catagory of 'extra junk' that accessory manufacturers would like
you to think you NEED to get your $$.Spend
your money on more practice ammo. Regards,
Chuck Hunt
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll try deepening the pin groove.  My pins do in fact rotate.

I try to be wary of folks selling "snake oil" and I have cases of practice ammo in calibers I don't own weapons for. Lots more than that for weapons I do own.  

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The absolutely worn out pins at Armorer's school showed no problems with the hammer and trigger pins, and this was on weapons that had roll pins that would fall out in you looked at them hard.

Sounds uneeded to me.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top