Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 1:57:47 AM EDT
I understand a trend is to mount lasers such as the Steiner DBAL A3 as far forward in a rail, but if I use a folding BUIS such as the Magpul pro sights in the down position, I should be fine mounting the DBAL further back (towards the shooter, about 1/2 down the rail) I should be good, right? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I understand a trend is to mount lasers such as the Steiner DBAL A3 as far forward in a rail, but if I use a folding BUIS such as the Magpul pro sights in the down position, I should be fine mounting the DBAL further back (towards the shooter, about 1/2 down the rail) I should be good, right? Thanks!
View Quote

yes. or reverse the sight to reduce the # of slots you need to use (have the BUIS hanging off the front of the rail.

OR

Railscale LEAF

As soon as they are making them for the DBAL D2, I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Or put the BUIS behind the LAM.

Position whatever item you're more likely to use, then place the other items where you can around it. Don't let BUIS dictate the placement of other more useful items.

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Like any light source you want to move it as far forward as possible to keep from illuminating your weapon and giving away your position regardless of it being white or IR.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top