Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2017 3:44:09 PM EDT
I need a light for my AR pistol. I currently have a Streamlight TLR-1 at 12 o'clock. It works, but the controls are sort of fiddly.
I tried the Streamlight RM-1 on the Arisaka inline VTAC, and I do not like it. (The Arisaka mount itself is fine. I can use on the M300 Scout)
It's decision time.

My muzzle break protrudes 2" in front of the rail. The goal is to keep the light shroud out of the blast
The hand guard I have is the VTAC Alpha

I'm trying to decide from these:
Surefire X300U-B @ 12 o'clock
Surefire M300C Mini Scout @ 1 o'clock W/remote end cap (and tape switch @ 12 o'clock) or mounted @ 11 o'clock with just the clicky
Inforce WML Gen2 @ 12 o'clock

Those of you previously in my current situation, what are your thoughts on functionality?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the Mini scout is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO x300u-b anywhere is the business.  I run one on my 16" DD V11 around 1pm or so
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never owned an InForce WML type, but I'm confident the Gen 2's are now up to par. Hence, my reasoning to consider them as an option. This type of light would (in my case) need to be at 11am or 1pm on a HS (or other) mount
The Surefires, they are both nice lights. I side the X300U-B for lumen output. I side the M300C for it's compact (smaller than the Streamlight RM-1) mount-ability.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is what I use. $54 new, shipped. Made for US Army. Momentary on, hold for strobe, pressure switch, NV filter, mount included. I love these things.

Novatac SPL-120
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Mini scout, or if you want to save some dough, check out the streamlight pro-tac mini weaponlight. Aa and cr123 compatible, same mounts as miniscout, fairly high lumen.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
NovaTac, I have not heard. I'll pass on that one.
Aside from the TLR lights on pistols, I do not like Streamlight weapon lights.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Both great choices. I chose the SF X300u-b
Watch for a like new Streamlight RM-1 coming up in the EE
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
M300 Mini, I run mine in a BCM offset scout mount (on a KMR-A 8" rail).
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top