Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2015 9:51:27 PM EDT
Need some help, I just picked up a Surefire Mini Scout from Walmart and I'm having a problem with it.  I installed the click on tail cap and it will not activate the momentary on.  I have to push it until it clicks to activate the light.  Once the light is on constant on, I can push in on the switch and it will turn it off before it clicks.  It's light the switch is reversed.  I can get a momentary off while it's on constant on.  Am I doing something wrong here or is the tail cap defective?  The tape switch works fine but I don't want to use it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
sometimes the spring in the tailcap comes quite "compressed" from the factory, and needs to be stretched a bit... just lightly pull on the spring to stretch it a tiny bit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
it could be what is known as a "reverse clicky".  I had to fix the switch in my TK12 and the only switch I had was a reverse switch.  Personally, I hate them.  I would contact SF and see what they say about it.  Maybe it's a bum switch or maybe it was a special run for someone somewhere that got released to someone on the cheap.  Who knows.  Could even be an Airsoft knock off or something.  Wouldn't put it past Wally World.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Well stretching the spring didn't help, I'm going to take it back to Walmart and either exchange it or return it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I took it back to exchange it and brought a Surefire battery with me to test out the new one.  It did the same thing so I just returned it and got my money back.  I really want one of these but now I'm worried that if I order one online and it does the same thing it will be a pain to exchange.  Has anyone else ever had this issue or am I the lucky one to find two like this in the same day?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Every scout and E series light that I have ever owned was momentary (half press) on or click for constant.

If you decide to go with the mini scout, and the tailcap still does the same thing, you might consider calling surefire
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it could be what is known as a "reverse clicky".  I had to fix the switch in my TK12 and the only switch I had was a reverse switch.  Personally, I hate them.  I would contact SF and see what they say about it.  Maybe it's a bum switch or maybe it was a special run for someone somewhere that got released to someone on the cheap.  Who knows.   Could even be an Airsoft knock off or something.  Wouldn't put it past Wally World.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Update; I ordered and received a new Mini Scout after having issues with two different ones from Walmart.  I'm happy to say that the new one works perfect so all is good now.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I was not aware that walmart carried surefire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was not aware that walmart carried surefire.
View Quote

Two of the Walmarts local to me carry Surefire Mini Scouts and X300's.  They were in the gun case.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top