Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2013 6:08:47 AM EDT
Anyone have a TLR-1HL?

All my weapon lights on my handguns are X300 (170 lumen) and I wanted to try a light that is a bit brighter and something different from Surefire.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked mine
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have a TLR-1HL?

All my weapon lights on my handguns are X300 (170 lumen) and I wanted to try a light that is a bit brighter and something different from Surefire.

View Quote

I too was/am a Surefire junkie but decided to try the Streamlight TLR-1HL on my Colt AR.  I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality and over all function of this light.  Coming from the Surefire X300, 170 Lumens, this light is bright and has a great pattern for the 600 lumens, works very well on my one acre of property.  I have put the Surefire on my Mossberg 500 shotgun where it will stay.  I would not hesitate to buy or recommend another Streamlight TLR-1HL light. Easier for me to change out the battery's on the Streamlight as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I too was/am a Surefire junkie but decided to try the Streamlight TLR-1HL on my Colt AR.  I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality and over all function of this light.  Coming from the Surefire X300, 170 Lumens, this light is bright and has a great pattern for the 600 lumens, works very well on my one acre of property.  I have put the Surefire on my Mossberg 500 shotgun where it will stay.  I would not hesitate to buy or recommend another Streamlight TLR-1HL light. Easier for me to change out the battery's on the Streamlight as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have a TLR-1HL?

Awesome!!!! Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to run a TLR-1 and it worked great.  Then I picked up a X300 and didn't like that the beam was so narrow (this was used as a handgun light for me).  I recently purchased the TLR-1 HL and it is amazing.  So much light output, and the beam is great - throws well due to sheer output, but also has plenty of spill for situational awareness.

You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my house rifle.  It's plenty bright for my needs.  I would buy another one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine. Its retarded bright.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
All the HL models I've seen had misshaped reflectors and caused bad light patterns, but it's only the HL version that has this problem
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All the HL models I've seen had misshaped reflectors and caused bad light patterns, but it's only the HL version that has this problem
View Quote

the beam pattern isn't "perfect" but only the CPF junkies would care about something so trivial.  the TLR is a great light overall but the rocker switch isn't as ambidextrious as other lights.  mine are mounted on the end of a 12+ inch rails at 12:00 and i am a right handed shooter.  for a righty, you reach up with your thumb and press down on the rocker, very natural.  if you are a lefty or shoot ambidextrious alot, you have to lift the rocker UP with your thumb to activate when shooting left handed.  it isn't as natural feeling and takes some getting used to.  if i were a lefty, i would probably consider a different light.  the WML, APL, x300, 6p, fury, scout, etc... would all feel more natural.  if you aren't a lefty, i really don't have anything bad to say about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

the beam pattern isn't "perfect" but only the CPF junkies would care about something so trivial.  the TLR is a great light overall but the rocker switch isn't as ambidextrious as other lights.  mine are mounted on the end of a 12+ inch rails at 12:00 and i am a right handed shooter.  for a righty, you reach up with your thumb and press down on the rocker, very natural.  if you are a lefty or shoot ambidextrious alot, you have to lift the rocker UP with your thumb to activate when shooting left handed.  it isn't as natural feeling and takes some getting used to.  if i were a lefty, i would probably consider a different light.  the WML, APL, x300, 6p, fury, scout, etc... would all feel more natural.  if you aren't a lefty, i really don't have anything bad to say about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a junkie but the reflector and light pattern are junk on the HL. I was a fan of streamlight until I purchased an HL. I now can appreciate SFs quality over SL and justify the higher cost since SF now has more competitive pricing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not a junkie but the reflector and light pattern are junk on the HL. I was a fan of streamlight until I purchased an HL. I now can appreciate SFs quality over SL and justify the higher cost since SF now has more competitive pricing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$127 vs $211
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

$127 vs $211
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$127 vs $211

Considering the overall difference in quality....that is very competitive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$127 vs $211

there is no appreciable difference in quality between the two.  having used plenty of both, for every positive thing the x300 has going for it, it also has a negative.  story is the same on the TLR.  what you cannot argue, is 120$ vs 210$ for 2 lights of very high quality.  SF has NEVER, and will probably NEVER be competitively priced.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I did a scientific test with both. I shined the streamlight and my SF at my wife's face. The streamlight got a "Stop it!" and the SF got "I SAID F***ING STOP IT!!!!".
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top