Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:02:54 PM EDT

Lasermax Unimax IR: Favorite class1 IR I have used, really bright, strobes so its easy to find, tiny and light weight.

LDI OTAL IR: Fairly dim laser, weird tape switch hook up. Has held up for a long time though this is a much older unit, very sturdy.

TNVC Torch Pro: really awesome, very long range, easy adjustment, takes surefire tailcaps. Good to around 300-500m, with the 14s, if I had zoom probably more.

Surefire Vampire: Nice light, a bit pricey, like the dim/bright modes, very sturdy, IR is good to around 100-150m.

Inforce WML: Awesome little light for the price, super lightweight, fairly bright, also has bright/dim mode, IR is good enough for around 75m.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you like specifically in the Unimax IR versus the OTAL?  Is your OTAL the 0.07 or 0.7 model? What bothers you about the switch hookup on the OTAL?   I'm looking into a second IR laser, love my OTAL-IR, but would like to hear what your thoughts on the Unimax after using both.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What do you like specifically in the Unimax IR versus the OTAL?  Is your OTAL the 0.07 or 0.7 model? What bothers you about the switch hookup on the OTAL?   I'm looking into a second IR laser, love my OTAL-IR, but would like to hear what your thoughts on the Unimax after using both.

My otal is a much older unit. It had a different tape switch attachment than the newer ones.

I prefer the uni-max for its tiny size, and strobing laser.

The one downside to the uni-max is no off switch so I occasionally accidentally bump it on.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My oral is a much older unit.

Mine too, but I've grown kind of attached to her and she does the job very well.  

I am also attached to 1/2 my stuff.

"Lord, I apologize....."
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
is there any way to know whether the IR uni is on if you accidentally turn it on and don't have NVD's on? I know the LDI stuff has the little green light that lets you know you are burning battery.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The Lasermax Unimax IR looks like a nice route instead of beucpup on a PEQ-15A Class 1.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

is there any way to know whether the IR uni is on if you accidentally turn it on and don't have NVD's on? I know the LDI stuff has the little green light that lets you know you are burning battery.

Nah, that is one downside.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, that is one downside.

How far out can you identify and engage with the LDI?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#8]
it would be nice if that pic were labeled so that those that don't know could identify each one you write about.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Your smartphone camera can see it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top