Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:52:48 AM EDT
I've been browsing the photos of the mounted lights and various topics and need a bit of help. I am looking for a light option that will give me brightness, strobe effect and a remote tape switch. I've looked at the Surefire's but didn't see anything that had a strobe effect. I also looked at Streamlights too but didn't see the remote tape option either of course my ADD may have caused me to misread the info as well.  I'm not looking to break the bank either but that may just be wishful thinking. I don't think I'll be going with a vertical foregrip so I'll need something that can't mount on the rail itself or perhaps someone has a different setup idea. I think I'm leaning more towards the Magpul AFG if anything.

Thoughts?

-Chris
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Look into elzetta
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sig's Stoplight STL-300J has a strobe, momentary button easily accessed, and a tape switch. It also has a separate laser mounted

on the left side with an easily accessed button. The only downside for me, is the weight. If you are familiar with the clearing a room

strobe effect (not a constant on strobe), the momentary button is great for this. Additionally, there are two buttons on the right

side to change from solid to strobe and it stays in whichever mode it's in when you hit the off button. So if you have it on strobe,

turn it off, and hit the momentary button, it strobes as long as you keep the button depressed. List is $215 but Nelson Tactical has

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Surefire M720 RAID (link below) It does everything and then some. The only problems is it's kinda $$$$. You might check e-bay, I saw a couple there last time I looked.....

http://www.surefire.com/RaidWeaponLight
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate all the suggestions everyone has given me. In thinking about it for a few days I think it's extremely fair to say that I am looking for something that I really don't need. I'm really just looking for a light for home defense and I think that what I am looking for is pretty overboard. My initial thinking was to have the strobe to daze the intruder but I'm starting to think that having the ability to turn it on or off with the pressure tape is probably enough. I guess I a got a little rambunctious after seeing all the possibilities!

That's what happens when you're newbie to this hobby!

-Chris
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I appreciate all the suggestions everyone has given me. In thinking about it for a few days I think it's extremely fair to say that I am looking for something that I really don't need. I'm really just looking for a light for home defense and I think that what I am looking for is pretty overboard. My initial thinking was to have the strobe to daze the intruder but I'm starting to think that having the ability to turn it on or off with the pressure tape is probably enough. I guess I a got a little rambunctious after seeing all the possibilities!

That's what happens when you're newbie to this hobby!

-Chris

It happens when you've been a gun nut for a long time too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Check out the Surefire M720 RAID (link below) It does everything and then some. The only problems is it's kinda $$$$. You might check e-bay, I saw a couple there last time I looked.....

http://www.surefire.com/RaidWeaponLight

Watch for counterfeits if you go this route. There are a lot of good looking clones out there, and in a small ebay pic, it could be very hard to tell if it's legit or not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Forget the strobe, it's a gimmick, go with a good Surefire or the Elzetta with a tape switch if you must. A weapon-mounted light should go on and off ONLY, preferably with momentary only.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top