BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2011 6:25:51 PM EDT
ok, pretty please.

Got the ITAL class 1

Want a great light, not a good light.  Buy once and all that.

The question or problem is that it seems that a intense light might make aiming with the IR Laser difficult.

Thoughts or suggestions?  Much ado about nothing?

I have both the weapon mounted Vampire M952 and the TNVC ELR Torch-V IR Illuminator on my shopping list.

Helmet mounted PVS14 NE, hog and zombie hunting, what else do I need to think about.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I gave the inforce WML IR a try for a couple days. I'll see if I can link the reviews for you its an option that will not wash out the IR laser so easily.....     ETA WML HERE
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking to purchase a light. Or lights.  IR and otherwise.

Has nothing in the industry changed since July 2010?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Da Torch is the more powerful illuminator.  If you're hunting predators at night, it's tough to beat.  Adjustable windage and elevation and a very strong light, and adjustable beam width mean it's ideal for a longer range illuminator if you can't get a laser-based IR illuminator.

The Vampire lights are well suited for short to medium range applications.  I think the vampire light's IR mode is pretty effective out to 150-200 yards.  Not as far as Da Torch, but well suited to CQB ops.  Of course, the real selling point of the light is the ability to have both IR and white light in the same light, of course.  Like any "Jack of all trades" it is a master of none.  It's not the best white light, and not the best IR light, but it's very good at both and all in one package.  

If I were hunting, I'd probably prefer Da Torch.  On my defensive guns, I mount the Vampire lights (the M952V in a Danger Close mount for me).
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top