Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2011 6:03:21 PM EDT
Hey everyone, just wanted to see if anyone had any user experiences or opinions on the TLR1. I'm thinking of getting one of these for my AR rail, but have to do it on a budget.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two on Glocks and love them but like other lights for ARs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight is good for the money.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
they are G2G
I have 2
One for my pistol and the other on my rifle.
paid about 80 each on sale one time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
How far do these reach? I have a bunch of gift cards to academy and i'm thinking of getting one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#5]
i believe they are 130 lumens. These is also a strobing option on these so if that's something you want make sure you grab that one..I believe it is a bit brighter then the standard one. I know midway ran a huge sale on these not to long ago. I have 2; one is on a pistol and the other is on my AR. Have had zero problems with recoil issues.  They are light and very module. Easy on and off makes it great for moving them around as needed. Don't think you can go wrong for the price.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Right now lapolicegear.com has the TLR1-S (Strobe) model for $104.99 and a %15 discount on top of that until 01/02/2012.  I'd definitely give it a shot.  Just bought a G2X Pro for my LWRC otherwise I'd have jumped on it.  Several of my coworkers use the TLR1-S on their duty weapons and have nothing but nice things to say.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent value light. Throw w/the 165 lumen TLR-1S is appx 100yds. For carbine use, the only real downside IMHO is no lockout so you risk accidental activation if the rocker switch is bumped.
Tomac

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How far do these reach? I have a bunch of gift cards to academy and i'm thinking of getting one.

I've made hits on steel at 150 meters with them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1.  I use twp for ARs but they're not ideal.  Not having a lock-out sucks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  I use twp for ARs but they're not ideal.  Not having a lock-out sucks.

I've never had an issue with it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not having a lock-out sucks.

Several times, I've had 'em turn on while the rifle was stored in a soft carrying case. The "teeter-totter" switch on the back end is prone to snagging on the fabric lining inside the case. Grinding the hard edges off the switch solved the problem.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Similar setup here:

I've got another one on a Glock 17, no issues with it whatsoever and it works great for my uses. Light weight, reliable, easy to use, and pretty inexpensive.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Several times, I've had 'em turn on while the rifle was stored in a soft carrying case. The "teeter-totter" switch on the back end is prone to snagging on the fabric lining inside the case. Grinding the hard edges off the switch solved the problem.

Sounds like you've seen or heard of my TLR-1 SWITCH MOD.....

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's pretty much it...

Do I owe you some licensing fees or something?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yep, that's pretty much it...

Do I owe you some licensing fees or something? [/div]

LOL.....nope. You owe me nothing.

Just glad to hear that my switch mod is serving you well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to see you back, I hadn't seen you post in a while.

I like that mod.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks WI57.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
My 10.5" has a TLR-1 on the 0000hrs position.  Runs great and given me no problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#19]
a buddy of mine has one on a Glock, it's very nice i thought. idk a whole lot about lights for weapons but it honestly has the power of a medium sized Maglight Flashlight I feel just not quite the focusing ability of a flashlight (probably the best way to give the average guy a comparison IMO). whenever i can save up some more money & buy YHM rifle length rail system, i'm gettin a TLR-1. but i'm just a civilian not lookin for the absolute best tactical equpment so i can't say it's better than another brand of light
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top