Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:02:14 AM EDT
They look great and combine a nice VFG with a nice light...are they worth the extra dough? They can be had on ebay for less than a lot of retailers soooo...thinkin about it...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a VFG and a standalone weaponlight that will be cheaper, more compact, better ergonomcis, and lighter than the M900. It was a good light when it was first introduce, but it is obsolete now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got an M951xm07 now on my weapon I use in the 'stan...but it's a bit more bulky than I'd like, and I'm currently a 203 gunner so a vfg isn't really a concern for me, but I was thinking of when I get done the deployment of either getting an ACR, a SCAR, or a regular AR (sans 203 of course, affording me the space for a vfg) so I was figuring the M900 series would be a good combination to save size and what not. Perhaps I'll keep with the M951 or get a scout series or something and just get a nice vfg of my choice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a couple of the M900 lights.  They are very heavy, and the pressure switch placement is a little awkward with a normal fighting grip.  It would have been better if they had them further back so you don't have to keep your finger tips on the sides.   The VFG portion is too long as well.

The other downside is you can only activate the light by holding the VFG.  With a separate weapon light, you can use your pressure switch anywhere on the gun you want.  I run Surefire SR07 rail mounted pressure switches on the top rail and use my thumb to activate it.  

I don't recommend the M900.  I sold all mine and got light weight Surefire Scout lights (M600C)  On Ebay they are sub $200.  Retail they are $425.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one, sold it on ebay for around $200, which is what I paid. If you do buy, buy used form a returning solider like me and try it out and see if you like it.

I hated it. VFG was LONG as my leg. It was heavy as a sack of bricks, and the ergonomics of the tape switch do NOT match with any up to date magpul style fighting grips. Beer-can grip on the VFG? then it will work for you. Just pump iron with your left arm before you try going at it too long :)

tango down shorty QD  + surefire x300 off ebay is much slicker setup and much easier on the weight and ergonomics...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top