Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:44:41 PM EDT
Got it in the mail yesterday it's pretty sweet.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that the blue LED version?  Can't tell if your camera is playing tricks on me.

I have one in blue.  Blue light doesn't "spread" very far, so it is a very good light to use to light your way without your light being noticed.  Had a white one too, but gave it away to family who thought their 30 year old krypton bulb 2C rayovac was "Good enough" in a prolonged outage.

They are not the brightest thing out there for a 2x CR123 battery light, in fact, kind of dim, but thats what I wanted.  They are bombproof, simple, long batt life, and easy to hold.  Currently, I use mine if I need to get something at night without waking up the wife.  Turning on a white light immediately wakes her up.  It's secondary use would be to provide area lighting during a prolonged power outage.  Good light to have on hand, and at least until recently, made in the USA!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Inova does make some high quality products!  I think I might spring for an Inforce, and let you all know how it is.  So far I've had a T2, T3, and T4.  Excellent lights.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is that the blue LED version?  Can't tell if your camera is playing tricks on me.

I have one in blue.  Blue light doesn't "spread" very far, so it is a very good light to use to light your way without your light being noticed.  Had a white one too, but gave it away to family who thought their 30 year old krypton bulb 2C rayovac was "Good enough" in a prolonged outage.

They are not the brightest thing out there for a 2x CR123 battery light, in fact, kind of dim, but thats what I wanted.  They are bombproof, simple, long batt life, and easy to hold.  Currently, I use mine if I need to get something at night without waking up the wife.  Turning on a white light immediately wakes her up.  It's secondary use would be to provide area lighting during a prolonged power outage.  Good light to have on hand, and at least until recently, made in the USA!

I'm fairly certain it is blue, I know they made a UV version but the LED's look too bright for that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I recommend the following light to EVERYONE:

Buy an Inova X5 with RED leds.  It only takes ONE 123a battery, and is a battery vampire.  You can drain the last drop out of every spent 123a battery you have.  I used mine every night in the house walking around.... when i wake up and go to the bathroom... and when i shower.

i cant recommend this light highly enough.

S
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Buy an Inova X5 with RED leds.  It only takes ONE 123a battery, and is a battery vampire.  You can drain the last drop out of every spent 123a battery you have.  I used mine every night in the house walking around.... when i wake up and go to the bathroom... and when i shower.

S

Agreed.  But they sell at a premium and are hard to find.  I'll take the first one I can find under $40.  My last two non-red X5's have cost me $15 each.   The red X5 is the ultimate SHTF light.  But to be fair, I use the non-red X5's as battery drainers from my other various CR123 lights as well.  (I just am careful to keep the batteries paired to prevent unbalanced cells)

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:54:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

S

Agreed.  But they sell at a premium and are hard to find.  I'll take the first one I can find under $40.  My last two non-red X5's have cost me $15 each.   The red X5 is the ultimate SHTF light.  But to be fair, I use the non-red X5's as battery drainers from my other various CR123 lights as well.  (I just am careful to keep the batteries paired to prevent unbalanced cells)

http://www.gad-zooks.com/servlet/the-5862/Inova-X5-Flashlight-Titanium/Detail
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top