Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 2:51:58 AM EDT
Do Surefire batteries last as long as the other major brand batteries?  I know Surefire says they have a shelf life of ten years.  But I'm wondering about the  actual usage vs the other brands.  It seems the Duracell and Energizers are twice as much.  I found the Surefire batteries for $4.98 a pair this weekend at Lowes.  Walmart has the Energizers for $9.98 for a pair.  An anyone done a test?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Panasonic facility in the US is where BatteryStation (New), Duracell, Energizer, Panasonic, Rayovac, Streamlight, and SureFire, CR123's come from.

Look at the pack to see where the CR-123's are made.  If they are made in the USA, then buy them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Something to keep in mind is that different brand name labels request different output curves for their batteries. So one brand may perform differently than another depending on what kind of device they're used in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Panasonic facility in the US is where BatteryStation (New), Duracell, Energizer, Panasonic, Rayovac, Streamlight, and SureFire, CR123's come from.

Look at the pack to see where the CR-123's are made.  If they are made in the USA, then buy them.

The Panasonics did best in a comparison I saw somewhere (candlepowerforums, maybe)... I didn't realize they made most other brands there too. Anyway, I got a dozen of them for $20 shipped from a vendor on amazon, and they hold up very well... I will go for Panasonic again next time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I buy the Streamlight CR123's.  They are cheaper and hold up fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
As log as I can buy Surefires for $21 Bucks a dozen, I'll just keep using them.  If I ever DO have a problem in my Surefire lights, I can say "nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I USED the recommended batteries in my light", and semd 'em the smoking hulk.  For my other 123A stuff, I trust 'em enough to use them.  Never had one leak or explode.  I HAVE, however had the $10.00 a pair Duracells leak.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Panasonics did best in a comparison I saw somewhere (candlepowerforums, maybe)... I didn't realize they made most other brands there too. Anyway, I got a dozen of them for $20 shipped from a vendor on amazon, and they hold up very well... I will go for Panasonic again next time.

Yes, CPF.com has two comparisons, both rather informative,with one of them being extremely detailed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As log as I can buy Surefires for $21 Bucks a dozen, I'll just keep using them.  If I ever DO have a problem in my Surefire lights, I can say "nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I USED the recommended batteries in my light", and semd 'em the smoking hulk.  For my other 123A stuff, I trust 'em enough to use them.  Never had one leak or explode.  I HAVE, however had the $10.00 a pair Duracells leak.

That's exactly the same way I feel. I actually had a Surefire X400 I had to send back and the first question asked was "which batteries are you using?".
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My new Eotech XPS3 came with a Panasonic Made in USA. The Made in Japan Duracell Ultra will NOT fit in it. The ring around the positive end is a couple of thou. too  large to fit in the cap. Good thing I have plenty of Surefire batteries.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top