Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2010 7:37:23 AM EDT
Any opinions on this light? I just got one pretty cheap and was wanting arfcom's opinions. I have searched around a bit and found some reviews on other sites. Seems like it is a good competitor to the Surefire G2 for less money. It is a little brighter and has a better tailcap in stock form that the G2. I don't plan on modifying it at all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They are awesome. I replaced all my SF G2s on my guns with Polytacs. 130 lumens for 1.5 hrs and a lifetime warranty. Momentary on and constant on clicky.

I highly recommend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my AR also. Cheaper than surefire streamlight has lifetime warranty on every thing except batteries. I use Streamlight Stingers for work and home
Im thinking about getting one of these for my Daily carry light http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/62792-1.html
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got my Polytac. Very impressed with it. Seems to be very well made and sturdy. It is super bright and has a very tight and well defined beam. Also comes with a lifetime warranty. Can't see how you could go wrong, especially for about $30. Now I just need a mount.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The beam in my totally dark garage.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Streamlight IMO is just as good quality as surefire and half the price. I have used my Polystinger for 7 year at work and it still going strong I am a mechanic and it takes a lot of abuse. I just recently retired that one for home use and replaced it with a new LED stinger
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a polytac I am looking at mounting on my AR... which mounts are recommended for the polytac?  Looking for light weight if possible, QD, to mount on the left side of the weapon.

TIA
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The only negative I have found with the Polytac is the same as the older TL series lights. They are slightly less than one inch diameter and I had a tough time finding a weapon mount to fit. Most mounts are for the slightly larger size lights. If anyone else has a weapon mounted polytac, please give info on your mount.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only negative I have found with the Polytac is the same as the older TL series lights. They are slightly less than one inch diameter and I had a tough time finding a weapon mount to fit. Most mounts are for the slightly larger size lights. If anyone else has a weapon mounted polytac, please give info on your mount.

Just wrap some bicycle inner tube around it and then put it in the mount
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
i just used the ggg mount that comes with the polytac on ggg's website for 49.99 i think
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
ElZetta mounts come with spacers.  Viking Tactics offset mounts fit too.

I love the TLR-1 series, but I have owned 3 Scorpions in the past (non-LED) and found them to be LESS ROBUST than the SureFire 6P.  My first hand experience with them was not so good.  Drop them once, the bulb blows - every time on mine.  In fact, I still have 2, both with blown bulbs, if anyone ever wants to trade for an EMPTY SureFire body  Because of this, I wasn't even going to consider the PolyTac.

That being said, I found the Yellow PolyTac LEDs on closeout at $15 each so I figured "why not".  I have 2 on order to see how I'm going to like them.  I doubt they'll replace my SureFire G2s, but we'll see if they can earn a place in my CERT bag, or at least in the glove box.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I love the TLR-1 series, but I have owned 3 Scorpions in the past (non-LED) and found them to be LESS ROBUST than the SureFire 6P.  My first hand experience with them was not so good.  Drop them once, the bulb blows - every time on mine.  In fact, I still have 2, both with blown bulbs, if anyone ever wants to trade for an EMPTY SureFire body  Because of this, I wasn't even going to consider the PolyTac.

That being said, I found the Yellow PolyTac LEDs on closeout at $15 each so I figured "why not".  I have 2 on order to see how I'm going to like them.  I doubt they'll replace my SureFire G2s, but we'll see if they can earn a place in my CERT bag, or at least in the glove box.

OK Where did you find that price?  Please share that deal- I would try them out for that price.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I have six of them.  They are great bang for the buck.  I keep one in each car and several around the house.  Very handy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK Where did you find that price?  Please share that deal- I would try them out for that price.

Chief Supply - Yellow was the only color on sale, and they appear to be sold out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn I would have bought another for $15 to keep on the nightstand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Any of the LaRue mounts with the 1.040" rings will work for the Polytac.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't like clickies.  Other than that it is fine.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top