Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:25:55 PM EDT
I am torn between the two.  I just picked up my Spikes Upper and I am going to mount my O-Light M20 to it on my patrol rifle..

I see a lot of people have it here so what made you choose one over the other?  WHat you dont like about one or the other... I have a Larue FUG but I don't think I will be using a tape switch so it will be thumb activated.  I  was just thinking about target acquisition being thrown off due to the hot spot of the light.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually do both.   I THINK I thumb up USUALLY but under stress I choke the front grip....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am torn between the two.  I just picked up my Spikes Upper and I am going to mount my O-Light M20 to it on my patrol rifle..

I see a lot of people have it here so what made you choose one over the other?  WHat you dont like about one or the other... I have a Larue FUG but I don't think I will be using a tape switch so it will be thumb activated. I  was just thinking about target acquisition being thrown off due to the hot spot of the light.

You think too much.  Its light, not a laser, and even if it was it would be only just over an inch off.  You cant tell the light is off of perfectly centered.  How true the light lines up means more than position and both can combine to effect your rifle exactly not at all in the accuracy department.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see a lot of people have it here so what made you choose one over the other?  WHat you dont like about one or the other... I have a Larue FUG but I don't think I will be using a tape switch so it will be thumb activated. I  was just thinking about target acquisition being thrown off due to the hot spot of the light.

You think too much.  Its light, not a laser, and even if it was it would be only just over an inch off.  You cant tell the light is off of perfectly centered.  How true the light lines up means more than position and both can combine to effect your rifle exactly not at all in the accuracy department.

Great.  Im probably going the in-line QD mount.

Anyone else have like one over the other?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]
In true Arfcom fashion, I got both.  

Both are seen here in this pic, mounted on front 2 ARs.  Only pic I have with them.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In true Arfcom fashion, I got both.  

Both are seen here in this pic, mounted on front 2 ARs.  Only pic I have with them.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l133/mjpjr45/Guns/IMG_3574.jpg

Do you like one more than the other?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
No not really, they both work great.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let me help you,

How do you hold the forward grip?

Choke grip...or thumb up, along the side of the handguard?

Which one is better for which grip?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the offset mount, no questions there.  If you have a shorter rail with a grip and "choke" it I would use the offset mount so your thumb hits it.  If you have a long rail, no grip, or do not "choke" your grip I would go with the offset mount set up at the 11 o'clock position (i find it tough to use ths position comfortably with a 7 in. rail, but feels real good with a 9 in. or longer rail).
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I prefer the offset mount, no questions there.  If you have a shorter rail with a grip and "choke" it I would use the offset mount so your thumb hits it.  If you have a long rail, no grip, or do not "choke" your grip I would go with the offset mount set up at the 11 o'clock position (i find it tough to use ths position comfortably with a 7 in. rail, but feels real good with a 9 in. or longer rail).

Hmm..Good to know.  I have a 9in DD rail on mine...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The AFcom answer will  be:

Get one of each!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an Olight M20 also. I have not had much luck with finding a mount that works. I had a DD offset but didn't like it. I went back to my gun store and could not find another mount that would work at least one that they sold. So I guess I'm asking what mount will work with the M20 fer sur?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have an Olight M20 also. I have not had much luck with finding a mount that works. I had a DD offset but didn't like it. I went back to my gun store and could not find another mount that would work at least one that they sold. So I guess I'm asking what mount will work with the M20 fer sur?

There was a mount that O-Light recommends http://www.batteryjunction.com/m20-gun-mount.html but I wanted a QD...

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top