Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2009 11:10:04 AM EDT
Who has the best prices on the Surefire Lumamax LX2? I am looking to purchase one and would like to get a good deal.
Thanks in Advance,
RangerT
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Good choice with the LX2. I am thoroughly convinced it's the best light SureFire makes. I just ordered one that should be delivered either tomorrow or Tuesday from BrightFlashLights. See here. Their price, including shipping, is $162.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
ikor, I agree for the most part. I had an E2DL and I had two main complaints with it that the LX2 remedies.

1. With the bezel up only carry, there is a lot of light sticking out of your pocket. And with the crenelated strike bezel sticking out, it always seemed like it was getting caught on something––and it was tearing up my belts whenever I would wear jeans (they have a higher pocket line than slacks causing the bezel to rub on my belts when seated).

2. My E2DL was a two stage head model and I have a big problem with not being able to return to the high output setting immediately after splashing with the light. But with a two stage head within two seconds, you're going to get 5 lumens instead of 120. I will never again buy a light that functions this way, which is unfortunate because I would own a Backup right now if it was single-stage.

As a side benefit to the LX2, I had concerns about whether I'd be able to carry the E2DL with its stike bezel into areas that don't allow weapons. With the LX2, that is no concern.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be amazed if that LX2 sells for only 109. I bought mine on there for 160 shipped and felt I did well. Since I carry my LX2 via a different method, I gave the clip to my friend for his E2D. It fits okay, but the body of the E2D is tapered around the shaft, so you don't get as tight of a pocket clip.

The tail cap design of the LX2 is my preferred hand held light activation. Alternate modes can cause some issues when moving fast. I've carried with the LX2's method since the Aviator A2 series.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/4010840356_9f3d508009_b.jpg
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ikor, I agree for the most part. I had an E2DL and I had two main complaints with it that the LX2 remedies.

1. With the bezel up only carry, there is a lot of light sticking out of your pocket. And with the crenelated strike bezel sticking out, it always seemed like it was getting caught on something––and it was tearing up my belts whenever I would wear jeans (they have a higher pocket line than slacks causing the bezel to rub on my belts when seated).

2. My E2DL was a two stage head model and I have a big problem with not being able to return to the high output setting immediately after splashing with the light. But with a two stage head within two seconds, you're going to get 5 lumens instead of 120. I will never again buy a light that functions this way, which is unfortunate because I would own a Backup right now if it was single-stage.

As a side benefit to the LX2, I had concerns about whether I'd be able to carry the E2DL with its stike bezel into areas that don't allow weapons. With the LX2, that is no concern.

Problems solved!

Single stage, no agro tailcap, LX2 clip:

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problems solved!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/triuneself/IMG_2244.jpg

The problems is certainly solved with the light pictured here. The problem is that SureFire doesn't sell accessories like the LX2 clip separately. So, the only way someone could put together a light like yours pictured is to take them off of another light. I wish they would just open up the accessories for sale.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Problems solved!

Hmmmm how is that Single Stage? The High/Low is in the Head, not the switch. I have the same switch and mine is still dual power!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Problems solved!

Hmmmm how is that Single Stage? The High/Low is in the Head, not the switch. I have the same switch and mine is still dual power!

I don't know about SBRguy's light specifically, but the first run of E2DLs were single output lights. You can also buy a KX2C head, which is single output and the same head that is on the M600C Scout light.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I absolutely love my LX2.  I bought mine from batteryjunction.  It is hands down the best light that I own.

I REALLY was in love with my E1B for EDC...until I tried to use it at a low-light shooting course that I took.  Holy hell, I will never use either a clicky OR a two-stage light ever again, unless the UI is just like the one on the LX2.  Often I would light up the target, shoot, attempt to turn off the flashlight and then move, but I had inadvertantly clicked the thing on instead of just momentary on, so after moving, my light was still shining bright when it should have been off.

Then when that didn't happen, I was having trouble with the thing coming on in low mode when I needed high.  About halfway through the course I switched out to a G2 LED and an X300.  Only problem with the G2, 6P, etc. is that they are just too damn monstrous to carry around in my pocket comfortably, plus they don't have a pocket clip.  The LX2 is just skinny enough to make a world of difference for pocket carry.  I also love the clip, but I carry bezel down.

None of those problems with the E1B UI are issues with the LX2.  It is a twisty and you cannot possibly activate the light only in low-mode by accident.  That is what I love the most about it...aside from the fact that it is brighter then hell and has awesome runtime.

I can't wait for the LX1 to come out.  I'll be buying on for sure.  Until then my EDC is the LX2.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I absolutely love my LX2.  I bought mine from batteryjunction.  It is hands down the best light that I own.

I REALLY was in love with my E1B for EDC...until I tried to use it at a low-light shooting course that I took.  Holy hell, I will never use either a clicky OR a two-stage light ever again, unless the UI is just like the one on the LX2.  Often I would light up the target, shoot, attempt to turn off the flashlight and then move, but I had inadvertantly clicked the thing on instead of just momentary on, so after moving, my light was still shining bright when it should have been off.

Then when that didn't happen, I was having trouble with the thing coming on in low mode when I needed high.  About halfway through the course I switched out to a G2 LED and an X300.  Only problem with the G2, 6P, etc. is that they are just too damn monstrous to carry around in my pocket comfortably, plus they don't have a pocket clip.  The LX2 is just skinny enough to make a world of difference for pocket carry.  I also love the clip, but I carry bezel down.

None of those problems with the E1B UI are issues with the LX2.  It is a twisty and you cannot possibly activate the light only in low-mode by accident.  That is what I love the most about it...aside from the fact that it is brighter then hell and has awesome runtime.

I can't wait for the LX1 to come out.  I'll be buying on for sure.  Until then my EDC is the LX2.

+1 to absolutely all of this.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top