Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2009 7:00:56 PM EDT
Does anyone have a recommendation for a green laser that will hold true that won't break my piggy bank?

Not long ago I bought one of the tubular green lasers to mount on a rifle.  It has the twin rotating/twisting mechanisms to align the laser.  Once aligned, you're supposed to lock down the rings with allen screws.  Well after working to get it aligned for 100 yards, I've learned that it just won't hold true.  Actually, I think that the twin rotating/twisting mechanism on some of these lasers is a design flaw which just cannot hold true.  IMO

So what I'm looking for is a tubular green laser that someone has personal experience with the laser holding true.  My piggy bank has about $250 in it, so I don't want to spend more than that for what I consider a "toy".  If there isn't one that you've ever experienced for less than $250 that will hold true, then that's what I need to hear.  Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a green laser that will hold true that won't break my piggy bank?

Not long ago I bought one of the tubular green lasers to mount on a rifle.  It has the twin rotating/twisting mechanisms to align the laser.  Once aligned, you're supposed to lock down the rings with allen screws.  Well after working to get it aligned for 100 yards, I've learned that it just won't hold true.  Actually, I think that the twin rotating/twisting mechanism on some of these lasers is a design flaw which just cannot hold true.  IMO

So what I'm looking for is a tubular green laser that someone has personal experience with the laser holding true.  My piggy bank has about $250 in it, so I don't want to spend more than that for what I consider a "toy".  If there isn't one that you've ever experienced for less than $250 that will hold true, then that's what I need to hear.  Thanks...

Only one I can recommend will break 2 piggy banks, the Lasermax greenie. Sorry.
Buy quality once, cry only once.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
one thing on the lasermax––it dosent work worth shit if the temp is below 30 degrees f.seems the batteries just cant put out enough juice.where as my red works fine.so if temps below 30 are expected go with a beamshot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
one thing on the lasermax––it dosent work worth shit if the temp is below 30 degrees f.seems the batteries just cant put out enough juice.where as my red works fine.so if temps below 30 are expected go with a beamshot.

All green lasers have that problem, im not sure if its the lithium batteries, but if it is, you could also mod it to use 2 AAA's or 2 AAAA batteries

I made my own green laser, I got an alluminum housing from a $50 green laser sight on ebay(it was originall on my airsoft gun), then purchased a 50mw "industrial" module for $30, then i used the adjustment device that came with the old laser, wrapped the rest of the laser mudle in rubber, and got it perfectly on the Y axis of my scope. After 300 rounds now, its stayed on the exact spot on the scope, and i even removed it from the rail twice.

Best thing is it was broad daylight around 1PM, and i could easily see the the dot at 100 yards with my naked eye. Plus i can melt and cut electrical tape too!!! (within 2 inches)

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
This one will DESTROY your Piggy Bank!

$1699.00, but it will work! the Range is listed at 50+ MILES!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Skip all of the ebay-china crap.  Check out Aimshot, I have their 20mW laser and it holds zero and is made in America and comes with a warranty.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Skip all of the ebay-china crap.  Check out Aimshot, I have their 20mW laser and it holds zero and is made in America and comes with a warranty.

+1
I have the 12mW Aimshot and love it. I bet the 20mW really rocks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I thought the 12-20mw laser was for sell to military only.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
How you buys mounting up those Aimshots? Their stock mount looks mickey mouse.
Are you using the tail cap button or the cheap tape switch they have?

I have a 12mw model but no mount.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I found my 12mW on ebay used.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I got lucky and bought mine just before the feds cracked down on them for selling us the 12 and 20mW units.  I bought mine right off of Opticsplanet in '07.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How you buys mounting up those Aimshots? Their stock mount looks mickey mouse.
Are you using the tail cap button or the cheap tape switch they have?

I have a 12mw model but no mount.

Uaing these 1" offset rail mounts from ebay for the laser and the Fenix TA-20. Had to use the spacer sleeve that came with the stock mount since the laser is less than 1".

Trying the "cheap" tape switch for now and like it, also have a button.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Aixiz laser here.  Has 25mw output.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe this will help. I hope it post ok.  

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.green%20laser%20module
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top