Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:29:27 AM EDT
SigArms just came out with a grip light - I called and rep there told me it weighs 8oz with batteries, and get this - the batteries last 24 hours!  Yep - he said they shipped one over to Europe with it on and it got there still beaming.

And it has strobe function, temp on/off, powered hot shoe for attaching access. like a laser and has a 700 lumen LED.

Only thing is it is a Quad Rail mount so I am not sure it will mount in a picatinny rail.

$215.00 - nice price too.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
700 lumens, 24 hours and and 8oz... That does not compute.

Link?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one , though well built it's heavy and bulky. I took it off my 556P and put it on an SBR'd  MP5 clone, seemed a better fit on a 9mm than a 5.56mm, too me anyway.

Also, if they left it turned on in a package for an overseas flight, I would think there would be much smoke and a great deal of concern when the baggage compartment fire warning light illuminated.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link:  http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=26&productid=263

Shit there does not seem to be one with a reasonable weight out there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't trust any Sig/ITAC specs for this type of accessory.

This is the same as the ITAC light (Sig owns ITAC).  It's probably Chinese, like much of ITAC's stuff, but I could be wrong - I haven't handled one.
http://itacdefense.com/ShowProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=24&CategoryID=40

Sig's got a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser only, and it's voided if you paint the body.  On the ITAC, for some reason (the costs are similar), the warranty is 90 days, and doesn't cover switches or lights (?!?).

For comparison, Sig and ITAC spec the battery life of their Chinese T1 look-alike red dot at 8000 hours, but don't point out that it's only for brightness setting 1, which is only usable with NV gear.  You have to read the manual to figure that out.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
It does appear to be ITAC, Sig has PROVED themselves in the past to use Chinese Aimpoint knockoffs. The Spec sheet for ITAC says 8 hours run time. I find that to be pretty unbelievable.

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one of their crappy Chinese lights and sent it back.  I can't beleive Sig, a name that use to be synonymous with quality, is putting out the complete crap they do.  It's pathetic, cruise over to Sigforum and see all the QC problems they've been having for years.  Sig customer service is only interested in selling you stuff, they now ship their pistols with ONE mag.  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top