Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 12:22:04 PM EDT
Hi Everyone. I have been decidiing what light system to go on my Carbine. I was going to go with a 6P with a Malkoff head, but I am now considering just using my "slimmer" E2D. Only problem is that my E2D is the NON-LED version & I wanted to see if anyone offers any replacement LED heads I could use like the Malkoff/6P?

Is it worth investing into the ED2 like that if there is one available? Anyone using a similar setup? I just think I like the size of my E2D better than the 6P, it just looks to fat for a Carbine.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
kx2c head. hit up kevin with brightlights in the "industry" section. very bright. very close to what you were thinking about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
kx2c head. hit up kevin with brightlights in the "industry" section. very bright. very close to what you were thinking about.

I was trying to find a unit that was less than the $135.00 unit you are mentioning. But thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
135!!!!!!!!!!. you better call kevin. thats crazy price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
135!!!!!!!!!!. you better call kevin. thats crazy price.

Well, that's Surefires list price. Do you have any contact info for this Kevin guy? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
TNVC has a product that may work for you (link)

Those heads are probably just as durable as the rest of the stuff Victor sells (which, from what I understand, is quite so). However, they will not have the output of the KX2C head (I have not tested this unit, nor do I know anyone who has, but based on the other LED module that they sell, the 220 lumens is "emitter lumens" and not OTF lumens unless otherwise noted.) nor the beam-pattern (expect a smaller, but slightly "hotter" central hot-spot with a more defined spill than the KX2C. I am guessing throw will be similar, but with the TNVC unit having a more narrow beam at distance and a more "defined" spill up close. Again, THAT is just pure speculation based off my ownership of their TNVC 6P module). They are a good buy for 2/3 the price of a used KX2C head though, considering used KX2C heads are...well, kinda something just talked about. If you don't want to spend the $135, I would give the TNVC a good look.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Another option is to put a SureFire LU60A on you E2D and then you can use a Malkoff unit.  It lets you use P60 type lamps and drop-ins in an E-series lights (or the Scout Light).  But I would use a 6P bezel instead of the shock isolated bezel that comes with the LU60A.  (See the thread related to this.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Another option is to put a SureFire LU60A on you E2D and then you can use a Malkoff unit.  It lets you use P60 type lamps and drop-ins in an E-series lights (or the Scout Light).  But I would use a 6P bezel instead of the shock isolated bezel that comes with the LU60A.  (See the thread related to this.)

^This is very viable as well if you want the output of the Malkoff. It will also allow you to run whatever new P60 size drop-ins hit the market, or tailor the drop-in for what you want (M60 for outside, M60LF for inside, M60 MC-E for large area, and so on).
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top