Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2009 10:12:57 PM EDT
So I have 2 G2's...one black and one FDE. I had the FDE on my rifle and am making the switch to all black , my FDE light had the LED lamp, so I pulled it out to switch it to my black G2 to put on the AR...but lo and behold, the LED lamp no longer worked.....i tried it in both lights and with different batteries...no damage to the springs or connections as far as i can tell...it worked,i took it out and put it back in and now no worky

have any of u guys had this happen or any ideas as to what could be wrong? thanks in advance!

cordovamx
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it back.

SF has decent customer service...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes LED's just "Poof". No explanation, and it seems to happen to even the best of them at times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
lol...yeah....I experienced that first hand. Hopefully SF will take care of me.... Email inbound to their customer service....here we go
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
lol...yeah....I experienced that first hand. Hopefully SF will take care of me.... Email inbound to their customer service....here we go

They will. You will be most pleased, although a phone-call always seems faster. Try them monday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I've not heard of a P60L LED Lamp Assembly doing this before. I'm not aware of LEDs just failing at random.
I certainly urge you to give SureFire a call to arrange to sort it out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
OOOO Yeah, my little girl melted mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've not heard of a P60L LED Lamp Assembly doing this before. I'm not aware of LEDs just failing at random.
I certainly urge you to give SureFire a call to arrange to sort it out.

It is rare, but sometimes an LED just "poofs" Usually happens in the first 5 hours of use if it is going to occur. USUALLY in the first set of batteries.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a thought but, do the P60L assemblies have reverse-polarity protection?

If not, perhaps the batteries in the black G2 were installed backwards?  The incandescent would have still worked fine if they were, but the LED wouldn't.  

I second the suggestion that you call, not email, Surefire.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a thought but, do the P60L assemblies have reverse-polarity protection?

If not, perhaps the batteries in the black G2 were installed backwards?  The incandescent would have still worked fine if they were, but the LED wouldn't.  

I second the suggestion that you call, not email, Surefire.

I don't know for a fact, but I would bet that SF's have reverse polarity protection. Warrenty claims would eat them alive if they didn't.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top