Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:46:23 PM EDT
I just received this in the mail, link

I am quite impressed for the money spent.  It is solid built and well finished. Has o rings at both ends and a click on and off tail cap switch.  Mounts in a 1 inch ring.

With 3rd gen it is very bright out to 150 yards and still usable to 200.  Faint out to 300 yards but should still light up eyes well.  Projects a broad beam about 15-20 degrees.  To bad it can't be focused to a tighter beam as I'm sure a little more range would be possible.

A negative is the the reflector is bright red.  Easily seen at quite a distance but doesn't project any visible light.

The good part is it was $28, but I used the live search and got 25% off and November 10% redemption code for a total of $18.20 shipped.

I purchased it last Monday and received it from HK the following Monday

Not up to the performance of Victors torch but for $18 there is a lot of usable light.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Was just looking at one of thse last night, thanks for the info!

So the bulb doesn't glow with any visible light when on?

Do you know if a standard Surefire tailcap presure pad will work?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So the bulb doesn't glow with any visible light when on?
No the bulb does glow bright red, you just don't see any visible light thrown like with a normal flashlight.

Do you know if a standard Surefire tailcap pressure pad will work?
Yes I think they do as all the accessories advertise fitting Surefire, but I don't have a surefire so can't say for sure.

You can get it with a pressure switch.  I went cheap as possible because didn't know if it was going to be a total pos.  The cost of ordering everything together is the same as having it all shipped separately.  Go figure.

There is also an ir filter you can get.  Wonder if that would reduce the red glow but still maintain same ir output?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]
1" tube?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1" tube?

Yep
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link!

For $20, I couldn't pass one up.  

It'll be interesting to see how heavily we get spammed now after signing up for that live search cashback thing.  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top