Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2008 2:27:06 PM EDT
Surefire's website is useless!

I know the tailcap is not Surefire, it's marked Pentagon.

Thanks, BSW

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Its one of the old school modular "universal lights." that one appears to be configured to connect to the FSB.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Without a genuine SureFire TailCap switch it's pretty difficult to assume which  Classic WeaponLight it was. It features

L36 Lamp Module (P60 lamp)
A15 Offset Adapter
A21 Universal Housing Body
M26 Mount for the front sight casting

As noted a non-SureFire TailCap tape pressure switch.

With a SureFire U05 TailCap with 5" cable tape pressure switch it'd be model 676.
With a SureFire U08 TailCap with 8" cable it'd be model 680.
With U19 (19" cable) it'd be model 6761, or with U24 (24" cable) it'd be model 6801
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Al,
Any idea if this will take a P60L or similar drop-in LED units?  Or is the polarity reversed like SF's old P60-based handgun lights?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:21:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Al,
Any idea if this will take a P60L or similar drop-in LED units?  Or is the polarity reversed like SF's old P60-based handgun lights?

This is a good question - I don't have these the A15 to build my own to check.
Firstly, the Z32 shock isolated bezel of the L36 is not required by the P60L so it can be replaced by the Z44-BK standard bezel. I don't see why the P60L shouldn't fit with either the Z44 or Z32 though

You're right that if the L36 was replaced by a L72 Laser Sight for example the pair of SF123A's or single SF223AC battery stick would have to be installed +ve end backwards towards the TailCap.
I see no reason why the batteries shouldn't be installed the 'right way round' (+ve ends towards the front) so the P60L could be used.

However, SureFire have changed these Classic WeaponLight components over time with some components becoming slightly longer and the amount of threads changing etc. As a result of this and other unknowns I'm not confident to say for certain that a P60L could be used. I believe it is likely to be able to though.

I hope this helps?
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one it will take the standard 6p series drop ins Incan or LED also with an adapter for 1 cell it will take 3 123's and a 9 volt drop in  

The pentagon switch rear is weird, it should work though
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyoe have an idea of what the above pictured setup would cost?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top