Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:35:39 PM EDT
Looking into replacing my existing weapon's light with a Streamlight M3 to save on weight.

Mounted at the 3 O'clock position, with a vertical foregrip at the 6 O'clock, how are the ergonomics with manipulating the switch on the M3?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Never tried it that way.

Ran mine at about the 1 o clock position, and manipulated the switch with my middle finger. That was comfortable.  Probably be easy enough to turn the light on, dunno about off, or using the momentary. Maybe someone can chime in that's done it that way.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an M3 on my patrol rifle set up this way for years I liked it a lot, you can just manipulate the switches with your thumb very nice for momentary light bursts and constant on.  Now I have a TLR-1 at the three o,clock with no forward grip same manipulation but with index finger.

I would say go with the TRL-1 one better light same money.

hers a few current picks.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Mighty nice rifle, Failuredrill.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, Mxpatriot51, I bought the extra tail cap for mine.   Works great in my tango down VFG switch cut out. I gave around $28 for it..   As an alternative..

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I run mine mounted in the 11:00 position.  Operated with the left thumb, it feels almost instinctive in either momentary or constanst-on mode.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]

+1 on the 11 oclock.Very natural spot for a correct hander
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a vfg and tlr-1 at the 6 o'clock position.  I use the index finger to lift the rocker switch either up or down, depending on whether I want momentary or constant on.  Works well for me.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top