Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:41:31 AM EDT
I finally got my rails mounted and i'm looking for a flashlight mount- I currently have the standard side mount with my G2LED- my tango down foregrip hasn't come in yet, so with that- is it more comfortable with an offset light mount or will the standard mount work- i just plan onusing the rear switch for momentary on- no pressure pad, is it comfortable to use the thumb with the light that high?

Is the offset light mount worth it?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
An offset mount puts the button right under my thumb with no shift from my forward grip position.  Additionally, the offset mount pulls the light in closer to the rails and keeps slims the profile a good deal compared to mounting it at 90 degrees.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The thing I liked most about my offset light mount from Larue... when I decided to dump my VFG, when I mounted it to place the light more up and on the opposite side it gave me more room to hold the rail and made thumb activation easier.  Worked just as well for that as it did no the other side and lower for VFG use.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
An offset mount can turn the mount itself into a knuckle buster. The edges on my Larue mount that came with my Pentagon Stealth is pretty sharp.
With use of a Forward Vertical Grip, the placement of the momentary button is perfect for me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:00:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
An offset mount can turn the mount itself into a knuckle buster. The edges on my Larue mount that came with my Pentagon Stealth is pretty sharp.
With use of a Forward Vertical Grip, the placement of the momentary button is perfect for me.

Something else to consider is that the pigtail switch will snag on everything and allows for a lot of AD's
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top