Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:22:24 AM EDT
I'm thinking of buying a red or green LMS-UNI, but I want to be sure it is going to work well.  I have a few questions for those with personal experience with the unit.

1) Are the windage and elevation adjustments accurate?  
I intend to use the laser for night-time predator control on the farm, so I will need the laser to be accurate and hold zero out to 100yds.  Can someone perhaps post a picture of how the adjustments for windage and elevation are made?  Are their 4 screws to tend with as on the cheapo's, or does it dial in easily and effectively as with a standard optic?

2) Is the size of the dot managable for coon too coyote sized varmints out to 100yds?
I notice the spec's say the dot is 3/4" at 25yds.  How big is it at 100yds, and is it bright enough to be useable at that range?

3) Is it rugged enough to hold zero on an AR or ruger 10/22?

4) Do the batteries last?

Lastly,  if this is not the laser I should be choosing... which laser should I buy that will meet my requirements?

Please, I must stress that I am looking for real world, personal experiences here.  I have read all the marketing info on all the lasers I can find.  What I need is someone that has actually had these things out on a rifle and tried to shoot something. :)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top