Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:55:55 AM EDT
Does anyone make an LED lamp assembly for the surefire 951 series? The G2 and probably some other models use the same lamp, I think.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Surefire’s KL5 LED head will work on the 951, but I’m not 100% sure.
The KL3 may work as well, but it outputs less light.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe Surefire’s KL5 LED head will work on the 951, but I’m not 100% sure.
The KL3 may work as well, but it outputs less light.

The KL5 head from Surefire will work perfect and will give 100 lumens for an hour and usable light for even longer.

I have a M951 and have been meaning for about 6 months to get a KL%.  They are a little exspensive at around $145
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The KL5 is supposed to be coming with a Cree LED soon (possibly as the "KX5").
It should put out around 150 lumens for 2 hours, approx.
I would wait a little longer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The KL5 is supposed to be coming with a Cree LED soon (possibly as the "KX5").
It should put out around 150 lumens for 2 hours, approx.
I would wait a little longer.

thank you for that, this thread made me think about how long I kept telling myself that I'm going to buy a KL5 and  was going to contact Calvin about one and now for once it might actually have been for the good.

thanks for the info, I quess I'll still have to contact Calvin to see what's up with this.

thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The CREE variants haven't officially been released yet so some patience will be required.

how much patience are we talking?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The CREE variants haven't officially been released yet so some patience will be required.

how much patience are we talking?

SureFire said they wouldn't be increasing the prices when they update their L5, so however long it takes you to save up $189 or whatever an L5 costs.
The first products to feature the new Cree bezels will likely be the new L5 (with it's KX5) and the new E1L & E2L (with the KX1). It'll likely be a longer wait for the bezels to be sold individually.

Whilst the specs have not yet been released I understand the new L5 will be in the order of 120 lumens for 90 minutes.

When you do try to screw an LED bezel onto a WeaponLight please ensure you have removed the black plastic widget found in some adaptor collars

As it may not rotate when you screw on the bezel and the spring contacts could become damaged.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whilst the specs have not yet been released I understand the new L5 will be in the order of 120 lumens for 90 minutes.

Al,
From the specs I've seen of other Cree XR-E lights, those numbers seem low for a 6-volt.  Any reason SF isn't pushing the LED harder?  I understand there's a trade off in LED lifespan, but it seems SF is being overly conservative.  I'm guessing they don't want to replace more LED's than necessary under warranty.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#9]
SureFire is conservative with it's lumen ratings.
I understand that the concept of the KX5 is to increase the outupt and the runtime so that the bezel makes a difference to both the users used to the P60 (since it is intended to replace the Z32 and M2 bezels), and users of the KL5 & other LED bezels.
SureFire want their new KX5 to be smaller, brighter, better [beam] with longer runtime and at the same price.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top