Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:24:03 AM EDT
Has anybody dealt with them?  How was your experience?  I ask because something has gone wrong with my G2 light.  The momentary switch (push button in the back) does not work at all.  When you turn the tailcap for constant on, it works intermittently.  Don't know what the trouble could be, perhaps a contact or something has burned up?  It's got a warranty so I might as well use it.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
My experience with their customer service has been great.  When it's a broken part, they generally just ask for your info and a replacement is on its way.  Btw, I have a spare brand new G2 tail cap if you want.  IM me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have dealt with them about 6 times.

Every time has been great service.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Great service from a great company (my experience)!
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Calling SureFire is a good idea.

However, you may like to show us a photo of your G2 TailCap because we may be able to help.

When you remove the TailCap does the metal switch contact assembly (the component with the spring attached) fall out or is it fixed inside?

If it is fixed, it should jiggle around a bit and you should be able to rotate it easily relative to the TailCap housing. Also, you should be able to push/pull it backwards and forwards about a millimetre of travel (this is what should happen when you press the rubber button).

When you press the button you are overcoming the spring contact and moving the switch contact forward so that it makes contact with the metal sleeve of the G2's body. If the switch contact assembly is so-how jammed inside the TailCap or not correctly seated inside the TailCap it will not function correctly.

Also, if the contact surfaces are not clean this can lead to poor quality contact and function.

Thirdly, it could be that the Lamp Assembly spring contacts have been somehow compressed so that (usually the outer spring contact) does not make reliable contact with the metal sleeve inside the G2's body. You may care to carefully stretch the spring contacts slightly (don't pull the spring from the Lamp Assembly - stretch a portion of the spring instead).

Please let us know how you get on either with SureFire or with any of my suggestions.

Cheers,
Al
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
seriously if you look under the dictionary for customer service the firy word will be Surefire.  They are the absolute best when ir comes to honoring their warrinty, alot of times they won't enen hask for the bad part and just send you a new, this happen to me.  I had wron out my M73 ladder covers and I asked them if I can buy them and they sent me a new set for free.  I am a huge Surefire fan and the warrinty is the main reason why.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
They have good customer service.

I have noticed I tend to get a more knowledgeable person
when I contact them via email, but it can take a couple of days for a response.

If you call them on the phone, you get a quicker response,
but the person tends to be a rookie and more likely to make a mistake.

Even if they make a mistake, they will correct it eventually.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
They treated me well, I bought a New M961 w/pressure switch. The scabby dealer swap out the 225 and replaced it with another 125 which I did not notice a day later. I went back to the dealer and confronted him about the swap out, he basically said go pound dirt because he does not swap out items and I'm not shifty like that. (yeah right, that's why he's going to prison soon)

Anyways I called surefire and explained to them what happened and they apoligized for this creap dealer and sent me (For Free a 225 lumen lamp and a 12 pack of batteries) Now thats good service. They even said to keep the swaped out 125 lumen lamp assembly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a tailcap go bad recently as well.  Not in the same way as yours though.  I called them and when i asked for a replacement to be sent out they said with an item that expensive they had to repair it, or try to before replacement.  The tailcap for my tac light is actually around 120$ if you buy one new. I can understand thier business decision on this one.  Never had anything to complain about.

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had several wonderful experiences with them.  
They replaced the batteries and chargers for my 2 8NX's.
I asked them if I could BUY the rubber cover for my E2E clickie and they sent me an entire end cap (new lock out version) for free.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Surefire's customer service is the benchmark on which I judge all others.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I called tech support today because my 10x charger doesn't work at all.  It's four years old.  They told me to send in the charger and light so they can fix it.  No charge.  Professionalism at its best.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They treated me well, I bought a New M961 w/pressure switch. The scabby dealer swap out the 225 and replaced it with another 125 which I did not notice a day later. I went back to the dealer and confronted him about the swap out, he basically said go pound dirt because he does not swap out items and I'm not shifty like that. (yeah right, that's why he's going to prison soon)

Anyways I called surefire and explained to them what happened and they apoligized for this creap dealer and sent me (For Free a 225 lumen lamp and a 12 pack of batteries) Now thats good service. They even said to keep the swaped out 125 lumen lamp assembly.

Actually, the above is a Surefire problem, about 2 1/2 years ago they stopped including the high output lamps with the M95 & M96x series weaponslights and only enclose a spare std. lamp.  The M96x boxes are STILL marked as having the MN11 included but that is not the case.  To prevent the same hard feelings as described above we always try to give notice of that change and offer the HOLA as the spare if desired.

Calvin,
do you know the reason why they stopped including the P61 lamp and instead give another P60?

thanks,
Bill
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top