Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2007 2:20:43 PM EDT
Has anyone ever broken the pocket clip on their C2s or other Surefire lights? Mine was broken when my partner borrowed it for training. I emailed Surefire and they said they would send a new one out since it is end-user replacable. Great customer service on SF's part, however I have not the faintest clue on how to replace the broken clip with the new one. Anyone ever done this before?
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
This is how I did it with my E-series light:

1.  Unscrew the bezel from the body.
2.  Remove the batteries.
3.  Remove the o-ring from the body.
4.  Slide the pocket clip forward (away from the tailcap).

Step 4 is the hard part.  I believe the clip is friction fit along with a plastic part into the slot in the body.  You can put the body, tailcap up, on a hard surface and tap the clip out with a light hammer.  I've also heard of people looping a lanyard or paracord around the U part of the clip and giving it a good tug.  Be prepared to catch the small plastic part - you'll need it to install the new clip.
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks. I'm gonna try that later. All I have to do after that is wait for Surefire to send the part and i'm back in business. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting for SF to send the replacement clip. 12+ days. Sheesh, what takes so long?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything yet?  Last time I had warranty work from SF, it took a few weeks.
Were you able to get the old clip out?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anything yet?  Last time I had warranty work from SF, it took a few weeks.
Were you able to get the old clip out?

Old clip is out and I kept the plastic insert. Many thanks for the info by the way.

I called Surefire and there was no info on my email to them nor any intacation that anything was sent to me. Must have fallen through the cracks or something. The tech guy on the phone took my info and verified it. He stated he was express shipping it out to me due to the delay. I'm sure it's on the way so we will see.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the clip via UPS. Installed without a problem and looks/functions as good as new. Surefire CS came through for me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad it worked out.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top