Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2007 1:42:38 PM EDT
I have a Streamlight M3, and a little rail from GG&G attached to my AR-15's handguards to mount the light.  It works good but the metal mount keeps warping my handguards.  I guess it retains a lot of heat and melts the handguards a little.  It has done this to two different handguards.

I am thinking of getting Troy's railed forend - what is a good way to mount the M3 to that?

Thanks.

ETA:  TactialConcepts - sorry, I meant to type Streamlight and typed Surefire instead - sorry for the confusion.  My light is a Streamlight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2007 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
ETA, I just noticed it was Streamlight M3 not Surefire M3...sorry about that

But to answer this one, you can mount it anyway you want for the most part, 3,6 or 9 o'clock on the rail. You can even get their remote switch if you are so inclined. If you chose to run a VFG you can still activate the toggle switch from either of those positions .

Mark

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If your weapon is a carbine w/baynoet lug you can use a TDI lug mount and attach the light that way. Thats what I do.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one of those TDI mounts on my fiance's rifle with an M3. It works well for us. Of course there are the front sight base mounts which some folks like. If you still want to put it on a railed handguard (nothing wrong with that), I've had good luck using a short piece of ladder rail cover behind the light to keep it where I want it.

removed typo.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top