Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2006 4:28:34 PM EDT
I am weighing options on how to mount a light to my AR and have been reading and researching options for a while.  After experimenting with my Streamlight and my rifle, I like the 6 o'clock position off the front of the hand guard.

My questions are:

1)  Opinions on the best mount for this position?  Command Arms makes one that seems workable.

2)  Will this mount in any way interfere with either front sling attachments?  It seems I could fold the bottom attachement up (maybe) and slide the adapter under it.

3)  I will be installing a verticle grip, does this location make sense with this option..it does to me, but what do y'all think.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a bayonet lug adapter on my light.  Worked out really nice for my needs.  Here is the thread with pics.  I only removed the harness loop because I don't use it.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=307961
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response and the pics, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

One final question, how sturdy/solid is it mounted on that little bayo lug?   It looks like the mount is much longer which could lead to some wobble.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Rock soilid.  The reason it is so long is that it gives you flexibility in how far foward or back on the lug it is mounted.  It has two set screws, one near the front, one near the rear.  Put some locktite on the threads and tighten the set screws with the supplied allen key.  It is suprisingly sturdy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for this post. I have been searching for days on a way to mount a light, since my eye's are bad, and I have only the stock handguards on my M4. No rail system at the moment. I am going to go this route.

Can you be so kind as to tell me where you picked up the mount?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
www.deltaforce.com/catalog/ar15tacticalaccessories.html
I'm pretty sure I got it here.  Odds are you may find it a few bucks cheaper somewhere else.  Do a google search for "ar-15 bayonet lug rail adapter" or something like that.  You'll get quite a few choices.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top