Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2006 12:32:21 AM EDT
Where can I get a replacement tailcap with a tapeswitch on it, that will fit a g2???  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you can use a pigtail switch from a 6P on a G2 (same thread pitch); I have both lights, but I don't have the pigtail switch, so I can't be 100% sure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where can I get a replacement tailcap with a tapeswitch on it, that will fit a g2???  Thanks

Email Calvin at BrightFlashlights in the Industry section, he has them for a good price plus he's the best guy to deal with when it comes to anything light related.

here is a pic from his forum in Industry of the tape switch.  I think it said it was $23 delivered
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Email Calvin at BrightFlashlights in the Industry section, he has them for a good price plus he's the best guy to deal with when it comes to anything light related.

here is a pic from his forum in Industry of the tape switch.  I think it said it was $23 delivered

Thanks, hopefully it can still be rotated for constant on/hands free use.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, hopefully it can still be rotated for constant on/hands free use.

I doubt that it will work that way.  A tapeswitch end cap needs to be fully turned all the way so it will work when you press the pad.  If you want a tapeawitch and a seperate constant on you'll need to get one that has the tapeswitch and a clicke tail cap in one and they are pretty exspensive.  Surefire makes one that goes for over $100.

I would just email Brightflashlights and see what they can recommend.

here is a pic of what you would need for a tape switch to do what you are looking for
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
There is the new SureFire SRxx Dual Function Tape Switch with Rail Clip
(where xx is the length of the cable in whole inches, for example SR07 (7" long cable)
This features a momentary-on pressure pad section and an integral constant-on/off pushbutton click switch. The tape switch features a snap-on clamp for quick attachment to your picatinny rail forend.

It plugs into the XM, UM or UE (ScoutLight) TailCaps.

The XMxx and UExx TailCaps come with a momentary-on tape pressure switch at the end of a cable length xx whole inches.

The XM/UM/UE TailCaps can not be ordered with the new SRxx dual function tape switch. You need to order the TailCap by itself - To order just the TailCap (without a tape pressure switch) you need the XM00, UM00 or UE00, and the SRxx you want as well.

I believe the SRxx is in the process of being released but may be difficult to get hold of.

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top