Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2006 5:43:37 AM EDT
Best mount for a G2

My LMT has a RAS rail

Im thinking  VLTOR for 35 bucks

It looks Lite

Most of the Time the G2 will be off the M4

Since I went threw CHARLIE in Punta Gorda FL I thought it would be nice to have a QUICK Lite I could snap on my M4

Is the SAMCO pretty lite and quality

I was Also thinking of Leaveing the Mount on the Flashlight/G2 at all times?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I like all 3 of those

Samco is ruled out Thanks for the Tip

whats the surefire cost?

wich is the lightest

I do like to keep parts the same

although  on my Defender 2000  I have ARMS 40L and a Larue cantilever mount for my ML2 along with a KAC RAS and KAC Foward Pistol Grip
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Here's mine a Daniel Defense offset QR mount at the 4 o'clock position on my KAC M4 RAS so I could reach the button better with my thumb when my hand is on the VFG.

I like the SF M79 mount if I'm mounting it without offset at the 3, 6 or 9 o'clock position.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I like they DD set up!

I got a extra KAC Rail guard and cut it down to 2 1/2 inches saved me the extra 20 bucks

Since I have a CHEAP light I think I will just get the Basic type at Wally World

Then if and when I move to a better light I will buy a Better mount
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I just came back from wall mart
I bought the QUAD Weaver rings 1 inch

I dont like how it fits on the G2 other than that it would work?

I guess I will take them back and look/ order at the DD mount 61 bucks

THANKS
RUDY
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just came back from wall mart
I bought the QUAD Weaver rings 1 inch

I dont like how it fits on the G2 other than that it would work?

I guess I will take them back and look/ order at the DD mount 61 bucks

THANKS
RUDY

My DD light mount is a 1" DIA and fits the SF G2 well and also should other 1" mounts and I would like to emphasize that mine an offset mount type.

If you would like to have a non offset mount Vltor, SF M79 or BrightFlashlights' basic mount would be a good choice.

Contact BrightFlashlights (his contact info should be in the Industry section) and get a quote for the DD offset mount or any other good light mounts he has in stock.

I got my G2 tac light and DD mount from another dealer that is not here anymore but BrightFlashlights is my favorite light/ accessories dealer now, I got my SF M961C from him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The DD mount just Lowers the G2 so I can use my thumb better?  RIGHT

with The 1 inch Quad mount I could still use my thumb to activate the G2 but had to shift my grip wich I didnt care for
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The DD mount just Lowers the G2 so I can use my thumb better?  RIGHT

with The 1 inch Quad mount I could still use my thumb to activate the G2 but had to shift my grip wich I didnt care for

Yes, the offset DD mount or any brand offset light mount will bring the button switch closer to your thumb while gripping your VFG.

The no offset mount is further up, you could still reach it but you have to move your hand away from the VFG.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all your help

I think I will try the DD mount like Rudy has

Rich
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks for all your help

I think I will try the DD mount like Rudy has

Rich

There are two DD models, the standard one on the left and the PAK™ model on the right

I have the PAK™ model (right side of the pic) which have the positive action knob (larger knob) which allows the user to quickly attach and remove the light mount.

Contact Calvin aka BrightFlashlights, he's a great guy to deal with and he takes good care of me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#13]
yes I see theres a  20 dollar differ

Thanks for the heads up
I wiill go with the Knob since  I wont be useing it at the range

Where in FL is he?

Im Punta Gorda  SW FL

BTW I did check out the Vikeing Tactics mount for 19.99

That is something to think about
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:50:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We're N of Ocala so that'd be too long of a drive for just a mount. Still, we do have low s/h for small items that are under 1lb. so if you need anything just drop us an email or IM.

Since you have Help me out , I will give you a Call Today
Thanks
Calvin
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got off the Phone with Calvin!
Very Nice guy
Very Helpfull

Belive it or not I ended up with the Vikeing mount!

I will buy The DD mount downt the road when I switch to a 9P surfire

Calvin is even going to make it quick release for me!

Thanks For the Help Rudy and Calvin
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks For the PIC`S
I like those grips MP
I will mount it on the right side and lower

My Defender 2000 M4 14.5 came with the Tango Down Battle grip

I do like it alot

But wish it would hold 3rds of 5.56mm rather than Battery

My LMT M4 has the SOPMOD wich hold enough BATTS
and a Larue cantilever wich holds a spare Batt for my Aimpoint

Alot of Battery Space !!
Wich I really DONT NEED since Im still on the SAME BATTERY on my AIMPOINT ML2 SINCE 2001
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am not a big fan of the Samco mounts, they don't hold the light as secure as is needed.  If it was basic use and you needed q.d. then I could maybe live with it but only for the G2.  Samco pic

The Vltor is a good mount but just make sure you have it on tight enough, if you don't then the light can shift under pressure. Vltor pic

Std. 1" ring mounts will do the trick also and are the least expensive solution yet very sturdy.  Basic ring mount

Surefire has a new M79 mount that I think is ideal for your needs, it has a quick detach release for the light itself.  M79 pic 1 -- pic 2

MAN Now that was Super FAST

For the CHEAP PRICE the VIKEING  1 inch FlashLight mount is Good Quality

Best mount For a CHEAP Surefire G2 Light

Fits Very solid

Works EXCELLENT with the KAC RAS &  KAC Forward Pistol Grip

Very comfortable,  Perfect for a CIVI like me

THANKS CALVIN

Rich

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#20]
i use the samco for the quick attach so i can throw it on in a hurry if i need it. not the most robust or secure but works for my needs. also have the viking, its good quality, very light weight and inexpensive

no input on the higher end mounts
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a Larue mount for my G2.  I couldn't be more satisfied.  It was a little pricey ($80+), but it has removeable rings that can be inexpensively replaced w/ various sizes.  It's rock solid, low profile, and quick release/attaching.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Larue makes Quality mounts

But since the G2 is a CHEAPY I dont see buying a BETTER mount ? Right Now )

Now if I  get a 9P Surefire I will then get a D.D. mount or KAC mount with  extras

Since TROPICAL STORM  like CHARLIE Came to PUNTA GORDA I thought it would be Nice to have a FlashLight Handy to Slap on the M4

The Quick Release  Vikeing Mount is pretty Fast

THANKS GUYS
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Have you tried mounting with the Light placed under

It makes for a super easy touch useing  your Forward Pistol Grip
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thats where I have got mine for now, sort of, with the exception that the viking offsets the light so its easier to get at with your thumb.  I just got a Pentagon X3 and Viking mount from Brightflashlights (I can't say enough about Calvin, he rocks).  I got rid of my YHM FF lightweight tube and am running the stock CAR handguards with a cheapo rail attached to the bottom, for now.  The VFG about 2 1/2" from the mag well, and the viking mount all the way to the front, mounted at the 6:00 position.  It actually works out pretty well this way.  I should post a pic....maybe a bit later tonight.  

Of course, when I get my new railed handguards in a couple weeks, the mounting options will increase, but I am sure I will have it set up relatively the same.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats where I have got mine for now, sort of, with the exception that the viking offsets the light so its easier to get at with your thumb.  I just got a Pentagon X3 and Viking mount from Brightflashlights (I can't say enough about Calvin, he rocks).  I got rid of my YHM FF lightweight tube and am running the stock CAR handguards with a cheapo rail attached to the bottom, for now.  The VFG about 2 1/2" from the mag well, and the viking mount all the way to the front, mounted at the 6:00 position.  It actually works out pretty well this way.  I should post a pic....maybe a bit later tonight.  

Of course, when I get my new railed handguards in a couple weeks, the mounting options will increase, but I am sure I will have it set up relatively the same.

when shooting my Carbines/M4`s I always used the Magwell

But when I order the KAC RAS I thought I might as well go for the KAC FPG

I placed it close to the magwell along with a 6 ribbed panel

I like the magwell Hold Just as well  !!

But The KAC FPG/VFG does work well with the VIKE mount
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's my temporary cheapo setup until my KAC rails and VFG arrive.  I will probably mount the viking on the right side rail of the KAC, to move the light up and out a bit, and it should be the perfect position for my thumb to activate it.  With the current setup, it seems a bit cramped, but works pretty well for using what I had on hand.  Sorry for the crappy pics...my good camera was not on hand.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top