Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 2:33:57 PM EDT
I no longer have the instruction manual but can someone advise if I have a problem with my Gladius?  If the light has been off for at least a few  minutes, I have to press the tailcap 3 times before it turns on.  Is this a low battery indicator or is there something wrong?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Try changing the batteries to see if that is the remedy.  When the batteries ran low on my Gladius it did something similar to what you are describing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is not a low battery issue,  please contact Blackhawk customer service.

See: www.night-ops.com/warranty.htm

Request the latest version of the tailcap (specify color) and this should alleviate any intermittent activation issues.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  Ken, does the new tailcap feel/operate any different?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The low battery indicator is a flicker every few seconds in the continually on mode.  If you dont see a quick blip of the light after about 10-15 seconds you dont have low batteries.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The new tailcap looks & feels the same
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The new tailcap looks & feels the same

Are the new tailcaps HA? I've got an older CeraKoted (well worn) Gladius that has a stripped tailcap, but I don't want the thing looking any more hodgepodge than it already does... Is there any reason to upgrade if the older tailcap still works (albeit not being able to lockout the tailcap activation)?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The new tailcaps in Black are HA, so it is your call.  The blacks between finishes are not that different..The HA is a flatter Black.

We are still making the tailcaps in other colors in the Cerakote.

We just found an anodizer that we are happy with for the OD Green.  So that should be switching in the near future.

We are looking at trying to get the right ano for the Tan/Earth Tone in Ano right now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]
ken,

when did the gladius start having aluminum tail caps?

Thanks!

Jared
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#9]
FYI, preliminary testing seems to indicate that the problem I was having is related to low battery levels.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#10]
The tailcap assembly has always been an aluminum body with a high-impact plastic rotary dial and push-button activation switch.

The internals include a variety of metal and plastic parts.

Springs, bearings and internal housing are metal
Internal plunger is the same high-impact plastic at the dial and switch.

To date I can recall less than 5 Gladius lights we have repaired/replaced for damage to the tailcap due to impact damage.  A couple of those were dropped when in Lock-Out mode where the switch has less "give".

The main thing we have had to get our arms around is consistent manufacturing (tolerarnce and assembly).  Lights were having intermittent activation issues as a result. As time has rolled on there has been excellent progress in this area.  Those lights that did not pass muster we have replaced/repaired as soon as possible.  We have made quite a few inline changes to reduce what is called "tolerance stacking".

We now have a new U.S. partner in manufacturing, and the lights I have seen come out of there are the best I have handled/seen.  They are doing an awesome job.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top