Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:14:22 PM EDT
Yes i know that many of you are rich enough to buy the real thing but im wondering if any of you have bought  one of the $100-150 green laser's off of ebay or an airsoft store and actually had it hold up to the recoil of an AR. These things look like theyre just as quality built as name brands so im wondering if its worth the risk?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Airsoft parts are not likely to hold up to the recoil of a real weapon.
Hence why they are airsoft parts, not gun parts.
The reason good stuff is expensive is not some sort of conspiracy.
It costs money to make a product small, tough, and reliable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
wow thank you for the insight!

seriously though, has anyone else ever put an airsoft green laser on a weapon and fired it for any length of time?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the stuff from 1337tactical.com could be considered airsoft.

Reviews are good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
How can you find a review with all the hijacking of the thread? I don't want a person'sopinion on airsoft or about their grandmother's corns! All I want to know if the damn things work well enough to plink with.

I wish all these guys who follow the clone threads and go back and forth with each other would stay away from these threads!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How can you find a review with all the hijacking of the thread? I don't want a person'sopinion on airsoft or about their grandmother's corns! All I want to know if the damn things work well enough to plink with.

I wish all these guys who follow the clone threads and go back and forth with each other would stay away from these threads!

Hadn't been following that.

Has anyone claimed that they don't hold zero?

The only complaint I've read about the sights is that "the switch is mushy."
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#6]
ive got an eo tech on my ar so i wouldnt really need a laser soo much for close range aiming but the concept of a green laser beam that projects a line sounds really cool!

Im just wondering if the recoil of an AR-15 (which is light at best) would cause on of the $150.00 green laser imitations to malfunction.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine hold up great.  I own 12 of them.  With the lasers I can shoot 1.5MOA from the hip.  I like the green lasersighted in at 100 yards because my red one is sighted in for 50 yards.  If they ever make a blue laser, I'll sight that in at 200 yards.  I suppose I could add a 4rth cause I have the railed handguard, but I use one of the rails for a 2 million candlepower spotlight.
***they may hold up, but they probably won't.  Spend your money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mine hold up great.  I own 12 of them.  With the lasers I can shoot 1.5MOA from the hip.  I like the green lasersighted in at 100 yards because my red one is sighted in for 50 yards.  If they ever make a blue laser, I'll sight that in at 200 yards.  I suppose I could add a 4rth cause I have the railed handguard, but I use one of the rails for a 2 million candlepower spotlight.
***they may hold up, but they probably won't.  Spend your money elsewhere.

That's great, I laughed my ass off to that one. Good job its like 4 am here and I needed the humor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a green laser that was test mounted new in box for $30 below my cost shipped if anyone is intersted.  Here is a link to my auction.  Thanks, Fargo

Green Laser
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top