Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2006 11:41:05 AM EDT

How do you remove it?  The manual doesn't say.

Frank
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The tapeswitch from the XM tailcap can be removed by grasping the metallic-colored part of the tapeswitch just behind the flange and pulling directly to the rear.  The lockup between tapeswitch and socket is TIGHT and it takes some force to separate the two.  As long as you're pulling on the metal part of the tapeswitch and not the cord, you should be fine.  I have seen guys use some padded pliers to do it, but a thumb and forefinger has always worked for me.  The connection will loosen up a bit (not too much) with time, making it easier to remove the switch.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one a few days ago and I am having the same problem   , I know the thing comes off but for the life of me I can't get the damn thing off.  I was kind of afraid to rip the thing out I didn't want to screw it up so I just left it be.

It's good to know that I'm not alone and that it is normal for it to be so tight
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Just so you can see what it looks like disconnected:
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=271530

thanks for that thread and for all the help with my light
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem.  It doesn't list how to remove the cable in any of the manuals or the Surefire website.  I contacted Surefire and finally resolved the issue.  When the light is new it is very stiff and I didn't want to break the thing so I never applied enough pressure to remove it from the tail-cap.  I had trouble with both these until I learned how it worked, then I felt stupid.  Of course Surefire could update their manuals and website to help.  

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top