Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:03:00 PM EDT
Wow I bought a PX2 for 80 bucks, didn't even work. Tried 3 sets of new batts, no lamp. Brought it back got another. This one worked, as in the lamp lit. As I used it I realized it was totally undependable. If it gets shaken it goes on & off. If you press the tail cap it MAY work. If you scre it down all the way it MAY work. Junk. I am back on my 10 yr old 6p as this thing is more undependable tha a fiat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First question, do you have the batteries installed positive towards the tailcap or towards the lamp?

+1

If you have the batteries in backwards, the light will work, but the tailcap will stick in the on position.  

Don't ask me how I know that; I just do...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First question, do you have the batteries installed positive towards the tailcap or towards the lamp?

+1

If you have the batteries in backwards, the light will work, but the tailcap will stick in the on position.  

Don't ask me how I know that; I just do...

I did that too when I first got mine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had the following problems with pentagonlights:

1.) Two L2 3Watt LED heads died after being run at 9Volts. Prior to them dying I had called pentagonlight and was told the L2 heads were compatible with 9Volts, after they died I called back for an RMA# and was told that their supplier had screwed them and that the current generation of L2 heads was only safe to run at 6volts. Both LED heads were replaced for free with a turnaround time of 12 business days.

2.) The first pentagonlights I bought last June exhibited tailcap misfunction in momentary and constant mode wherein if the button is depressed all the way the light dims and/or flickers. I noticed this on one light last week and ran diagnostic on the other six I own and found out that five of my pentagonlights exhibited this. In 6 months of use I hadn't noticed. All five were purchased prior to September 2005 and came shipped with the older Lexan lenses. Called pentagonlight and was told that they switched the tailcap switching mechanism to fix this problem some time ago, got my RMA# and am expecting the lights back any day now. They also told me they would replace the older lexan lenses with the newer mineral glass lenses free of charge.

Other than those two problems I have carried and used pentagonlights everyday and they have worked flawlessly (albeit before I noticed the tailcap problem). My primary X3 incandescent lamp is up to 17 hours or so of use and is still running fine. The newer lights I have purchased have no problems so far. I expected there to be certain kinks that need to be worked out and as long as pentagonlight is receptive to working with me I am happy. I feel these are very good lights and have not hesitated in recommending them to my co-workers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have had the following problems with pentagonlights:

1.) Two L2 3Watt LED heads died after being run at 9Volts. Prior to them dying I had called pentagonlight and was told the L2 heads were compatible with 9Volts, after they died I called back for an RMA# and was told that their supplier had screwed them and that the current generation of L2 heads was only safe to run at 6volts. Both LED heads were replaced for free with a turnaround time of 12 business days.

2.) The first pentagonlights I bought last June exhibited tailcap misfunction in momentary and constant mode wherein if the button is depressed all the way the light dims and/or flickers. I noticed this on one light last week and ran diagnostic on the other six I own and found out that five of my pentagonlights exhibited this. In 6 months of use I hadn't noticed. All five were purchased prior to September 2005 and came shipped with the older Lexan lenses. Called pentagonlight and was told that they switched the tailcap switching mechanism to fix this problem some time ago, got my RMA# and am expecting the lights back any day now. They also told me they would replace the older lexan lenses with the newer mineral glass lenses free of charge.

Other than those two problems I have carried and used pentagonlights everyday and they have worked flawlessly (albeit before I noticed the tailcap problem). My primary X3 incandescent lamp is up to 17 hours or so of use and is still running fine. The newer lights I have purchased have no problems so far. I expected there to be certain kinks that need to be worked out and as long as pentagonlight is receptive to working with me I am happy. I feel these are very good lights and have not hesitated in recommending them to my co-workers.

You got lucky on the customer service.  My X3's lamp went out after 3 service hours so I send it back (standard hand torch use no weapon mount no drops and only premium batteries).  After 3 WEEKS I call back only to find out that they havnt done a damn thing to it because the lady who gave me my RMA# didnt take my information even though I asked if she should(a letter with my return address and phone number was included in the package).  From all the hemming and hawwing it sounded to me like they had lost my light.  Since then I waited a week to call and ask AGAIN if my light was ready and was told I would receive it within the week.  After the week was up + a couple of days I called again and they claimed they shipped it last friday.  Well here we are again a week later with no light and Im starting to get pissed.  As far as Im concerned Pentagon blows in product and customer service.  Ive given ample latitude and patience with them and have received squat.  Ill be damned if I ever buy another product from them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I opened a brand new X2 that came in the mail today put in the batteries, turned it on, the light went dim than bright for a fraction of a second and bulb burned out.  Contacted Pentagon,  I have to send the whole thing back so they can dissect it.   They can't just send a bulb so on top of the time w/o a light  I have to pay for shipping so they can throughly inspect it.I think I could use a box of 2 doz. batteries for my troubles.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I opened a brand new X2 that came in the mail today put in the batteries, turned it on, the light went dim than bright for a fraction of a second and bulb burned out.  Contacted Pentagon,  I have to send the whole thing back so they can dissect it.   They can't just send a bulb so on top of the time w/o a light  I have to pay for shipping so they can throughly inspect it.

I think I could use a box of 2 doz. batteries for my troubles.

I just got my light back and the bulb burned out AGAIN!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top