Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:56:14 PM EDT
Its the old style without the TIR focused lens, so it has more sidepill and less throw thanthe current version of the L1.

The have HA with Red or Green LED at that price as well as Black with red LED.

Yes, botach has no customer service, buyer beware.

store.botachtactical.com/sul1dilu.html

BTW: Surefire has a minimum advertised pricing policy.  So Botach gets around that by having other Surfire dealers buy for them. surefire is pretty agressive about tracking down those dealers that are working with Botach and cancelling their accounts.  Or so i was told by a Surefire employee.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine!

Okay, I took a chance.

I placed my order online Sunday. I ordered the following.

Surefire L1 HA Green $79.95
Princeton tec Impact Black 4AA LED $9.95
20 Sanyon Cr123A batteries $19.80

Got free shipping on the order because it totalled over $100.00. I received an Email confirmation of my order on Moday and the package arrived today (Tuesday).

Everything arrived as advertised.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently posted this in another forum:

I placed an order almost four weeks ago. They have not shipped it. I finally get a question saying that they cannot send me an Inova flashlight in 'ultraviolet' but they can send it in 'black.' Um, the UV referred to the LED color, not the body color. So I emailed back. No response for another week. I called to make sure it has shipped and they kept on hanging up on me (like they lift the phone and hang it up right away). They did this 7 times.

So I just want to reach them now to cancel the order. I could not reach them by phone, or email.

Really strange to call a business and have them lift the phone and hang right up to get rid of the call! It is almost comical.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently got sucked in by Botach's low prices when looking for a pair of Bates Desert Warrior boots.  I ordered the boots ($75) and to get the free shipping added a Surefire G2 Nitrilon ($30) and a 10-pack of C123 batteries.  

Then I read a bunch of horrors stories online about their service (or complete lack thereof) and thought "Oh shit I just pissed away $120!"

To my very great surprise, they shipped the flashlight and batteries which I got in 3 days.  My order page said "Some items did not ship" (the boots) and there was a notation which read DS.  From all the horror stories I read I was able to surmise that DS meant "Drop Ship" from the manufacturer.  I figured it could be months before I ever got the boots, IF I ever got them so I resigned myself to patience.

Well low and behold what does UPS deliver today from Wolverine a scant 10 days after ordering?  The boots.

Whew! Did I dodge a bullet or what?

Even though I got what I ordered and in a timely fashion, for future reference, I think my peace of mind will be worth more than the few bucks I may save buying from Botach.  I can't believe some of the things I read about the problems people have had.  The BBB gives them an F.

Best of luck with Russian Roulette shopping.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think my peace of mind will be worth more than the few bucks I may save buying from Botach.  I can't believe some of the things I read about the problems people have had.  

If any vendor screws up an order i dont lose any sleep over it.  i just contact my credit card company and they credit the amount in dispute. I dont understand the whole callthe merchant 10 times thing.  Place the order, if order does not arrive on time and correct, call credit card company and dispute the charges.  the few times i have had to do that with Lightfighter orders its never been a problem.  Surprisingly i havent had to do it with Botach, yet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think my peace of mind will be worth more than the few bucks I may save buying from Botach.  I can't believe some of the things I read about the problems people have had.  

If any vendor screws up an order i dont lose any sleep over it.  i just contact my credit card company and they credit the amount in dispute. I dont understand the whole callthe merchant 10 times thing.  Place the order, if order does not arrive on time and correct, call credit card company and dispute the charges.  the few times i have had to do that with Lightfighter orders its never been a problem.  Surprisingly i havent had to do it with Botach, yet.

True enough.  I have had to do that and Discover (which I used on the aforementioned purchase) is pretty good about dealing with deadbeat merchants.  There is a certain amount of hassle involved so it's a risk/reward tradeoff.  YMMV.

Best of Luck.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell you what.  Just send me the $79.  It will accomplish the same thing.  If you buy from Botach and you actually get your merchandise, go buy a Powerball ticket.  You are a lucky SOB.

Botach Sucks!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Run.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near a Powerball State.  In this instance, I guess I'm one lucky SOB!  I won't tempt fate again.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had a bunch of bad experiences with Botach. They are absolutely terrible with customer service, I'm surprised they're still in business. Glad to know it's not just me who get's bad luck with them.

I've had numerous orders not ship for weeks, with no help from their Live Help, email, or phone. Eventually, I canceled the orders, but yet I keep going back to them in the hopes that one day I'll get a good response. The things I order are not super rush items, so that's why I always gave them the benefit of the doubt, and tried time and time again.

Today, I ordered a Streamlight TRL-1 light, Inova T4 light, and a batteries. 6 minutes later, over Live Help, I got a tracking number and confirmation of shipping.

We'll see if it actually makes it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've had a bunch of bad experiences with Botach. They are absolutely terrible with customer service, I'm surprised they're still in business. Glad to know it's not just me who get's bad luck with them.

I've had numerous orders not ship for weeks, with no help from their Live Help, email, or phone. Eventually, I canceled the orders, but yet I keep going back to them in the hopes that one day I'll get a good response. The things I order are not super rush items, so that's why I always gave them the benefit of the doubt, and tried time and time again.

Today, I ordered a Streamlight TRL-1 light, Inova T4 light, and a batteries. 6 minutes later, over Live Help, I got a tracking number and confirmation of shipping.

You are exactly what's wrong with America. That attitude just keeps driving down prices and quality.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That'sd the attitude i have when i order fromBotach, DGPSS or Lightfighter.  If you're the type of person to lose sleep over a delayed order then those compnaies are not for you.  But if your willing to take a chance for cheap prices at the expense of custmoer service, botachs prices are hard to beat.

I buy from them becuase I dont find it particularly difficult to get the CC company to credit my account if they screw up an order.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are exactly what's wrong with America. That attitude just keeps driving down prices and quality.hr

How so? They are a shop providing a service. I try their services, if I'm not satisfied, how is that my bad?

They put in print on their website that they GUARENTEE SATISFACTION, that's a bold statement to make when they don't follow through.

So, I'm exactly what's wrong with America? Didn't realize my shopping techniques had such an impact on the world. hy.gif

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13117095

Rated "F" for Fscking shitty service
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Tell you what.  Just send me the $79.  It will accomplish the same thing.  If you buy from Botach and you actually get your merchandise, go buy a Powerball ticket.  You are a lucky SOB.

Botach Sucks!!

I have always got my products from them. They did make a mistake once and send me the wrong item but I returned the wrong item and they sent me the right one. Their service is not great but they do send out their products.
Pat
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Obviously some people have done alright dealing with Botach (me for example) and others have not.  Only you know what your tolerance for risk is so only you can decide if the prices they offer are worth the risk of a long wait and/or a big hassle.

This site includes reviews of Botach and might be worth reading if you've never dealt with them and are considering a purchase: Botach

I didn't read this until after I had ordered, but apparently I got lucky and had no probs.  Others appear to have been less fortunate.  If one reads all those complaints and considers that the Better Business Bureau give Botach and "F" rating, I'd have to wonder why one would play Russian Roulette with this merchant.

To each his own and good luck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#17]
There's no price low enough to get me back in bed with Botach.

It's like playing a slot machine.... you frequently get F'd in the A.  But some people still keep playing.???

They just dinged my credit card again today for an order I cancelled 40 days ago.

ZERO customer service.  It's like a giant warehouse run by deaf-mutes.  If you ever do get a person on the phone, they immediately ask if someone can call you right back, and then they never do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Dealing with Botach is like playing the loto...................sometimes you might win, but mostly you will loose.

I got lucky with an order placed on LED flashlights............the deal was almost too good to be true, but I took a chance and the flashlights came in.

So I decided to press my luck......and place another order adding up to almost $90.......but you guessed it, nothing showed up. You can e-mail until you are blue in the face and it will make no difference. I even sent FAXES .....no joy!

I called and did get through............but the female kid that was working the phones didn't seem bothered that my order did not get filled. No sorry...........let me take care of that for you right away...... just silence and Dah !

I won't deal with them again...no matter the sale.........it's not worth the credit card hassale when things go bad.

JF.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dealing with Botach is like playing the loto...................sometimes you might win, but mostly you will loose.

I got lucky with an order placed on LED flashlights............the deal was almost too good to be true, but I took a chance and the flashlights came in.

So I decided to press my luck......and place another order adding up to almost $90.......but you guessed it, nothing showed up.

That's why if the product has not arrived by the time the CC bill is due you call the CC company and dispute the charges.  That's my SOP for every company, not just Botach.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top