AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2006 1:27:09 PM EDT
Any reviews? please post thoughts...
Larue listing
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Any chance of them making an incandescent version of this light?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any reviews? please post thoughts...
Larue listing

Its a heavy bitch but puts out like no other.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been very pleased with my Larue light.  Indoors it is the king of output.  Outside the LED lights aren't as good if you want them past 35+ yards or so.  I am going to be buying one of Grants new G&R lights here pretty soon for another gun.

-David
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in brush country and that 5 watt LED throws enough for me plus gives me enough side
spill...

For an unregulated direct drive and an LED of unknown (at least to me) origin It's a great light,and
as Grant stated...the LaRue mount is a great heat sink..

I have been using the hand held body for nightly dog walks for the last few months... -20F wind chills
freezing rain..snow storms...dropped it once or twice on the ice...on my second set of 123 battery stations
and still going strong...

I sure hope somebody comes up with replacement head and lamp and clickie tail cap that will work with this
I cant see switiching back and forth from weapon light to camping light...better to have two different lights
rather than one convertible...switiching back n forth must wear on the aluminum threads...etc

Would be nice to find a source for an incandescent heads and bulbs or even LEDs dont know how many lights or HHBs are out there you'd think someone would tap this...&...replacement parts would be nice to have...just in case..

This next year or so ...I think we will see new LEDs driven higher...that an high quality glass lenses and reflectors
and prices on LEDs coming down...there should soon be LEDs with close to equal throw of the incans. and
at attractive prices...

imo
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top