Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:08:52 AM EDT

Sportsman's Guide not only won't ship laser sights to MA, but they also won't ship laser pointers, boresighters, or even IR thermometers!

There are no laws in MA banning lasers of ANY kind. Not laser sights, not even class-IV high powered lasers.

I emailed them but there is power in numbers. Please email them and correct them to:

[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Dear Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail. We have placed certain restrictions, on certain items listed in our catalog and our web site.

Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline. Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on certain concerns. Things such as whether the state law suits pending involving gun owners, recent court decisions that may effect businesses like ours.

Finally it may be that the states laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved, and finally as a public held company, we are obligated to safeguard our stockholder's investments.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Any further questions please feel free to contact us again.  Thanks for shopping The Guide.

Enjoy the Outdoors,
Customer Service
Linda Marie

Customer Service Phone Number 1-800-888-5222

Customer Service Fax Number 1-651-552-5305

The Sportsman's Guide
411 Farwell Ave
So St Paul, MN 55075
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sportsmans guide is gay. They will not ship hi-cap mags and other items here in Wa state even though we have no ban
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
We should all boycott them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We should all boycott them.

Been doing that myself for over a year now.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sportsmans guide is gay. They will not ship hi-cap mags and other items here in Wa state even though we have no ban

You are kidding, right?  

ETA Not like they have any mags worth buying anyway (well, not usually).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are kidding, right?  

ETA Not like they have any mags worth buying anyway (well, not usually).

It is actually WORSE than that!  They won't ship many items that say "M16/AR15" on them, like a tri-rail or a vertical grip to WA!  Check out these items www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180423 or www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148269  They aren't very consistent on the warning though, as other similar products don't have the restriction.  Maybe they are just trying to prevent WA residents from buying crappy First Samco stuff?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I went on their site today to order some 50bmg, and now all ammo is restricted.  The web site won't evey let you look at what they have.  You have to call to even check prices.

Boycott them....They are folding to the left.  I am going to cancel my membership......
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I was able to see ammunition with no problems.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top