Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:22:50 PM EDT
I recently picked up a TL-3 Lithium in a Trade,  It is NIB and I havent decided if I will take it out yet.  DOes anyone know how the quality of it is? DO LED's make decent weaponmounted light's.
What is the diameter of the TL-3

Any knowledge would be apprecieated...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
See for dimensions:
www.streamlight.com/tl2l3w.htm

Probably would work as a low end light. I prefer the Inova.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
mine sits in the glovebox so I don't know anything about it for a weapon light but my Surefire X200 is brighter even though the lumens rating is higher on the TL3
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a TL-3 LED. It was sent to me as a mistake, but since I got a $100 flashlight for less than $50, I decided to keep it. It has a larger corona and more overall output than my Inova T3, but shorter throw. I think the focusing head is useless. I keep it on the tightest focus.

I ordered the shock-proof incandescent lamp assembly (which drops right in by the way) and it is unbelievably bright. 211 lumens for one hour, I believe. Now it's mounted to my AR, with the LED lamp assembly stored in the foregrip as a spare. I'm pretty happy with the setup. It's a little under 1" diameter, so you'll have to use a spacer of some sort. I made one out of plastic and it hasn't budged. If you got a good deal in the trade, keep it. Order the shockproof incandescent lamp assembly and you've got a pretty flexible setup for not too much money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:48:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I have all the Streamlight TL series lights. They are excellent lights for the money, almost twice as bright as many similar sized lights and the incadescent version has a spare bulb in the bezel. The only issue with the TL series is that a pressure switch is not yet available. The older versions have a very recessed rubber push button, which can make it difficult to press easily while holding a pistol or mounted on a weapon. The newer version has a plastic exposed convex shaped button which works better for that purpose. The LED versions do not have nearly as much throw as a conventional incandescent bulb and the light emitted has a bluish tint. A conventional incandescent bulb can produce a brighter/ whiter light making it easier clearly identify a target. Some of the newest LED weapons lights probably have overcome this but I don't have any experience with others yet. For that reason, if I had the choice I would go with a good conventional incandescent light. Don't get me wrong, the LED TL3 is an excellent light, but if you compare the beams throw with a standard weapons light at a distance you will see the difference.

Full-Auto
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top